We’ve seen plenty of mystery partners in our day. Mystery opponents too. Facing Carmelo Hayes and his ever-present wingman Trick Williams on Saturday night (Feb. 4) in Charlotte, North Carolina at the Vengeance Day PLE, Apollo Crews is bringing MYSTERY BACK-UP!
Like most things have during Crews’ current NXT run, this news came to us (and Apollo, presumably) in a vision.
Most of the guesses I’ve seen involve a repackaged Babatunde Aiyegbusi, the former Nigerian-Polish pro football player who wrestled as Dabba-Kato in Raw Underground before being repackaged as Commander Azeez, the muscle behind Crews’ main roster Nigerian royalty gimmick. It makes sense, and the silhouette in Apollo’s vision doesn’t contradict that theory. But I’m sure there are few other suspects we’re not thinking of.
It is a MYSTERY, after all. And not the only one going on in NXT right now, as you’ll learn when you check out this playlist of other highlights & fallout videos from last night’s show:
- The Creed Brothers vs. Indus Sher
- Indi Hartwell vs. Zoey Stark
- Wes Lee is ready to defend his title against Dijak
- Dijak vs. Von Wagner
- Who is Nikkita Lyons’ attacker?
- Tyler Bate and Axiom throw down in high-level clash
- Bron Breakker and Grayson Waller prepare for war inside a Steel Cage
- Isla Dawn initiates Alba Fyre into her ways
- Carmelo Hayes is ready to show why he’s “Him”
- Stevie Turner returns to the ring
- Drew Gulak vs. Charlie Dempsey
- Roxanne Perez has had enough of Toxic Attraction
- Fallon Henley doesn’t trust Kiana James
- Mr. Stone thinks changes are in order for Von Wagner
- Chase U wins the Triple Threat New Day Invitational
- Indi Hartwell reflects on her whirlwind week (Digital Exclusive)
- Stevie Turner sends a message to the NXT Women’s division (Digital Exclusive)
- Chase U wants tag team gold (Digital Exclusive)
- Don’t miss WWE NXT Vengeance Day this Saturday!
For complete results and the live blog for the Jan. 31 episode of NXT click here. To read a complete recap & review of all the night’s events click here.