Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says Logan Paul vs. Kevin Owens for the United States championship is expected to be booked for Royal Rumble 2024.
- The Observer mentions that Charlotte Flair’s new lucrative deal with WWE “was actually signed several months ago.”
- Fightful Select notes that there was a new theme made up for Randy Orton but after just one play through ahead of using it at a show it was decided not to use it.
- Dana Massie, wife of Matt Jackson, is “set to finish up with AEW as things stand now,” according to Sean Ross Sapp and Raj Giri.
- During an interview on The Wrestling Time Machine, Teddy Long claims someone who works for AEW walked up to him and said, “Oh by the way, AEW told me to let you know we’re not hiring any old people.”
- Sources at the North Pole indicate that Mrs. Claus had five missed calls from The Ryback last Monday night demanding Hungry Hungry Hippos for Christmas. When Santa Claus heard about what happened, he stopped singing Seth Rollins’ theme music and made a HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT to all of his elves that The Big Guy was instead getting his stocking stuffed with pictures of Vince McMahon’s jet black mustache.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.