WWE has taped the next two weeks of NXT television at the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida.
Here’s what went down at the tapings, courtesy of spoilers from PW Insider:
The following matches and segments will air on the Dec. 19 episode:
- Fallon Henley used a roll-up to beat Tiffany Stratton. Stratton attacked Henley after the match was over. They brawled to the backstage area, where Tiffany poured out a garbage can on Fallon.
- A promo by NXT Champion Ilja Dragunov was interrupted by Ridge Holland, who said he is back in NXT in search of redemption. Ridge’s plan is to earn his way to a title shot against Dragunov. Ilja says they can fight tonight. A non-title match between them is booked for the main event. Later in the backstage area, Trick Williams finds Dragunov and doesn’t understand why he is getting in the ring with Holland.
- Breakout Tournament First Round Match: Lexis King beat Dion Lennox. Trey Bearhill came out afterwards looking to get his hands on King, but King ran away.
- Izzi Dame & Kiana James beat Thea Hail & Jacy Jayne. Thea had Kiana trapped in a Kimura lock, but Kiana wasn’t the legal wrestler for her team. Izzi then pinned Thea for the win.
- There is a backstage segment between Roxanne Perez and Arianna Grace that results in Roxanne slapping Arianna in the face.
- Dragon Lee retained the NXT North American Championship in a match against Charlie Dempsey and Joe Coffey. This was originally going to be Lee vs. Dempsey, but Gallus came out to add Coffey to the fight. Mark and Wolfgang were ejected by the referee during the match. Coffey was then mysteriously dragged under the ring, leaving Lee in the ring to put away Dempsey. No Quarter Catch Crew attacked Dragon afterwards, but Cruz Del Toro & Joaquin Wilde made the save.
- Cora Jade is backstage and takes back her locker from Karmen Petrovic by tossing Karmen’s gear out of it. Karmen shows up a bit later and finds out what Cora did.
- Breakout Tournament First Round Match: Tavion Heights beat Luca Crusifino.
- Nikkita Lyons picked up a win over Tatum Paxley.
- Wolfgang & Mark Coffey beat Tank Ledger & Hank Walker.
- Ilja Dragunov vs. Ridge Holland ends in a No Contest. The match is stopped by the referee after Holland drops Dragunov on his neck. The medical staff check on Dragunov and call a stretcher to the ring. Dragunov is put in a neck brace and stretchered out. Ridge is concerned about Ilja’s health. For what it’s worth, Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp indicates this is all part of the storyline.
The following matches and segments will air on the Dec. 26 episode:
- All or Nothing Match: Bronco Nima & Lucien Price beat Duke Hudson & Andre Chase. Duke seemed to have the match under control for his team, but Chase wanted to be tagged in. He tagged in and was pinned shortly thereafter.
- Heritage Cup Championship Match: Noam Dar beat Josh Briggs by disqualification in the fourth round. The referee did not see Lash Legend hit Briggs with the spit bucket. When Briggs retaliated by hitting Dar with the bucket, that’s when the ref saw it and called for the DQ.
- Cora Jade used the Future Shock DDT to beat Karmen Petrovic.
- Bron Breakker used a spear to beat Nathan Frazer.
- Joe Gacy beat Joe Coffey. Tank Ledger & Hank Walker prevented Mark and Wolfgang from interfering in the match.
- Breakout Tournament Semifinals Match: Riley Osborne beat Lexis King after a distraction from Trey Bearhill. Thea Hail and Jacy Jayne were watching the match from the Chase U Student Section.
- Breakout Tournament Semifinals Match: Oba Femi beat Tavion Heights.
- NXT Underground Match: Eddy Thorpe beat Dijak. The referee counted to 10 after Thorpe DDT’d Dijak through the announce table.
Will you be checking out NXT over the final two weeks of 2023?