SmackDown airs tonight (Nov. 24) with a live show emanating from Allstate Arena near Chicago, Illinois. This is the final episode of SmackDown during the three week build towards Survivor Series, which takes place tomorrow night (Nov. 25).
LA Knight is somehow not on the Survivor Series card
WWE is currently advertising five matches for Survivor Series. Two of those bouts are lengthy WarGames matches, which means the card might be finalized with five total bouts, just like last year’s event.
Plenty of folks on the roster won’t make the cut on a show that is five matches deep, and right now, LA Knight is on the outside looking in at Survivor Series. His absence stands out because he’s arguably the hottest babyface in WWE and also just main evented the most recent PLE in a match against WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns.
Knight has dominated Jim Uso over the last couple months and is being positioned for a future match against The Bloodline’s enforcer, Solo Sikoa, who may have retired John Cena from WWE. Knight vs. Sikoa will be a big deal when it goes down, and it’s at least possible that WWE will use tonight’s episode of SmackDown to book that match for Survivor Series.
On the other hand, WWE has two months to go until their next PLE after Survivor Series, so they might be saving Knight vs. Sikoa to be the primary focus of SmackDown television in December or January.
Survivor Series is already missing Roman Reigns, so it would seem kind of odd to also leave the megastar off of what used to be one of WWE’s biggest events of the year. Is there a way to fit Knight onto the card in a non-wrestling capacity, if WWE decides to save his match with Sikoa for a future date?
Either way, I’ll be very curious to see how WWE creative handles Knight tonight and tackles the issue of potentially adding him to Survivor Series.
The rest of the title scene
WWE Tag Team Champions Damian Priest and Finn Balor are scheduled to defend their belts tonight against the Street Profits. The timing of this match feels a bit off given The Judgment Day is also preparing for tomorrow’s War Games match that is completely unrelated to Bobby Lashley or the Street Profits. Will anybody from Cody Rhodes’ WarGames squad show up to either screw The Judgment Day out of the titles or cause a disqualification tonight?
WWE Women’s Champion IYO SKY is leading Damage CTRL into WarGames tomorrow night against the team of Becky Lynch, Charlotte Flair, Bianca Belair, and Shotzi. The fact that WWE is allowing fans to vote on which team gets the advantage means it could be the rare WarGames match where the babyface team has the numbers working in their favor throughout the bout. However, none of that matters if Lynch and Flair can’t co-exist for more than a couple of minutes. Will Becky and Charlotte get some mic time tonight to reassure everyone they will put their past problems aside this weekend?
United States Champion Logan Paul isn’t booked for Survivor Series or SmackDown, which presumably gives him time to do more naked and dirty things with the belt.
WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions Chelsea Green and Piper Niven currently have their hands full with Natalya and Tegan Nox, and that title match is scheduled for next week’s Raw.
Other stuff to keep an eye on
- Kevin Owens returns from suspension tonight to be a guest on The Grayson Waller Effect. This is almost certainly a trap that will quickly turn into a 2-on-1 situation with Austin Theory joining Waller for a beatdown of KO, so hopefully Owens has a plan in mind to avoid that fate.
- Santos Escobar cut one hell of a promo last week where he ultimately wished that Rey Mysterio got an infection during surgery and needed to have his leg amputated. Escobar then beat the shit out of Joaquin Wilde and Cruz Del Toro, after Zelina Vega slapped him in the face. The angle seemingly set up Escobar to go at it alone against Carlito at Survivor Series, but I have a feeling that Santos will have some new henchmen by his side in short order. Will Santos have a tune-up match tonight against Joaquin or Cruz before he faces Carlito tomorrow night?
- The Brawling Brutes have been losing an awful lot lately, and frustrations have risen to the point where Ridge Holland shoved BUTCH away last week and walked out on his own. Will Sheamus finally return to TV tonight to try to get his fellas on the same page?
- SmackDown GM Nick Aldis was happy to let Dragon Lee and Axiom put on a showcase of lucha libre action on last week’s episode. Will Dragon’s push continue tonight with another singles match?
- When is AJ Styles returning to television?
- Tonight’s episode of SmackDown is being broadcast on FS1 instead of FOX, in case you forgot. Will there be some kind of Thanksgiving-related food fight in the ring or backstage for Black Friday?
- Where the f*** is Karrion Kross?
What will you be looking for on SmackDown?