Heels telling fans how disgusting they are is a staple of pro wrestling, so it makes sense it’s in NXT’s bag of tricks for developing WWE Superstars.
In a pre-taped promo that aired on the brand’s Nov. 21 episode, Ariana Grace gets in a few digs about the fans who show up to the Performance Center in Orlando each Tuesday. They’re in a clip that further establishes her beauty pageant character and her feud with Karmen Petrovic.
Asking fans to shower because she almost passed out from their smell isn’t original, but the second generation wrestler has a natural delivery that makes it work even though it’s not. Ditto telling the NXT Universe to seek medical attention because they cheered for Petrovic’s attack on her. Grace will have to work to differentiate herself from Tiffany Stratton’s similarly arrogant spoiled princess character, but her fundamentals are strong.
We’ll see how she does as this feud with former karate & fitness competitor Petrovic progresses. For now, give us your scores for NXT’s beauty queen in the comments below. And on your way down to there, check out our playlist of the rest of the highlights from last night’s NXT:
- Edris Enofé & Malik Blade vs. Angel Garza & Humberto Carrillo
- Lexis King helps Josh Briggs take out Carmelo Hayes
- Chad Gable and Noam Dar battle to a draw in a Heritage Cup Match
- Von Wagner joins Mr. Stone for a family dinner
- Josh Briggs gets congratulated by… Tiffany Stratton?
- Mysterio dares Lee to prove his greatness in a Fatal 4-Way Match
- Angel Garza and Humberto Carrillo assault The Family during dinner
- Blair Davenport qualifies for the Iron Survivor Challenge
- What does the future hold for Chase U?
- Ilja Dragunov and Baron Corbin live very different lives
- Eddy Thorpe vs. Charlie Dempsey
- Lyra Valkyria overcomes Xia Li to remain the NXT Women’s Champion
- FULL MATCH — Lyra Valkyria vs. Xia Li — NXT Women’s Championship Match