It became clear to me at some point during Monday Night Raw this week that not only is the show nothing even close to approaching what one might consider cool, it’s quite literally a show full of goofs.
- At one point, Nikki A.S.H. was shown backstage, just running back and forth for no reason at all, with a sound effect playing each time she turned to run the other direction
- The Miz & John Morrison can’t go longer than three words without mentioning how moist the latter is, while he runs around shooting people with his “drip stick” filled with water and generally making a fool of himself
- Riddle’s entire gimmick is to be a goof, a stoner who rolls around on a scooter and says dumb things to people
- Don’t forget about Eva Marie and Alexa Bliss now feuding with a literal doll front and center, a doll we’re to believe is maybe a sentient being? I don’t know, it’s shockingly stupid
- Drew McIntyre is now running around with a big ass sword he will never actually be able to use, and has been telling weird stories about it for a while now
It’s just too much. All of these things on their own can be anywhere from mildly amusing to downright entertaining but taken all together it’s a brutal assault on your intelligence if you’re over the age of 16.
Remember when WWE was cool and culturally relevant beyond the desperation ploy of sending championship belts to sports teams who just won a title in time for their victory parade?
I would like to say, though, that Charlotte Flair is doing incredible work right now.
Here are the videos from Raw this week:
- Goldberg hits MVP with emphatic Spear on road to SummerSlam
- Drew McIntyre vs. Veer & Shanky
- Rhea Ripley vs. Nia Jax
- Mansoor & Mustafa Ali vs. MACE & T-BAR
- Charlotte Flair sends a scathing message to Nikki A.S.H.
- Tamina vs. Doudrop
- Damian Priest lays down a challenge on “Miz TV”
- Damian Priest vs. John Morrison
- Damian Priest & Ricochet vs. Sheamus & John Morrison
- Riddle vs. Omos
- Eva Marie & Doudrop attack Alexa Bliss
- Keith Lee vs. Karrion Kross
- Reggie vs. Akira Tozawa — 24/7 championship match
- Nikki A.S.H. vs. Charlotte Flair — No Holds Barred match
- The New Day celebrate with Nikki A.S.H. after her victory
- Nikki A.S.H. proved her worth against Charlotte Flair
- Priest & Ricochet were glad to teach Sheamus & John Morrison a lesson
- MACE & T-BAR will always stand tall