If you didn’t know that the SAGA OF KYLE O’REILLY AND ADAM COLE will be coming to an end at NXT TakeOver 36, well, just turn on NXT TV and wait a few seconds. They’ve taken to calling it that, no matter how obnoxious anyone may think it to be.
The match on Aug. 22 should be good, though.
Now we know it will be a 2-out-of-3 Falls match, per the big face-to-face confrontation the two had on NXT TV this week. General Manager William Regal allowed the two to pick the stipulations for the first two falls, and, provided a third fall would be necessary, he would choose the final fall.
O’Reilly chose a traditional match. A babyface thing to do.
Cole wanted a Street fight. Of course he did.
The two brawled, naturally, and that was all Regal needed to know what he would choose — a Steel Cage match.
The NXT TakeOver 36 lineup:
- Karrion Kross (c) vs. Samoa Joe (NXT championship)
- Raquel Gonzalez (c) vs. Dakota Kai (NXT women’s championship)
- Walter (c) vs. Ilja Dragunov (NXT UK championship)
- LA Knight (c) vs. Cameron Grimes (Million Dollar championship)
- Adam Cole vs. Kyle O’Reilly (2-out-of-3 Falls match)