During The Great American Bash tonight (Tues., July 6, 2021) at the Capitol Wrestling Center in Orlando, Florida, WWE brought out each of the eight wrestlers who will compete in this year’s NXT Breakout Tournament starting next week. The objective: introductions.
- Trey Baxter, who we’re told is innovative and high flying
- Carmelo Hayes, who apparently possess speed and athleticism
- Andre Chase, who has a “high ring IQ”
- Josh Briggs, a big fella who is “vicious and powerful”
- Ikemen Jiro, who uses “Japanese handsome style”
- Joe Gacy, who we’re to know is as unpredictable as he is ruthless
- Odyssey Jones, a powerhouse of controlled aggression and durability
- Duke Hudson, a cunning and suave opportunist
Quite the group!
Of course, we already saw Chase and Gacy qualify for the tournament on 205 Live. The rest we’ll start getting a look at on the next episode of NXT TV in just a week with Jiro taking on Hudson as the first match in the tourney.