John Cena’s been on the last two shows (Sun., July 18’s Money in the Bank, and the fallout edition of Raw). He was being promoted for an appearance on the Cleveland portion of this Friday’s SmackDown before last night’s show.
So it was clear WWE would be leaning on the Face That Used To Run The Place to move tickets on the road to his SummerSlam match with Roman Reigns. And based on the announcement they made this morning, they’ll be using him as much as they can before he heads back off to Hollywood.
It’s the Summer of Cena!
On the heels of his shocking return Sunday night at WWE Money In The Bank, WWE today announced that John Cena will be appearing at the following live events this summer:
- Friday, July 23: SmackDown – Rocket Mortgage Fieldhouse in Cleveland
- Saturday, July 24: Supershow – PPG Paints Arena in Pittsburgh
- Sunday, July 25: Supershow – KFC Yum! Center in Louisville, Ky.
- Monday, July 26: Raw – T-Mobile Center in Kansas City, Mo.
- Friday, July 30: SmackDown – Target Center in Minneapolis
- Saturday, July 31: Supershow – Fiserv Forum in Milwaukee
- Sunday, August 1: Supershow – Little Caesars Arena in Detroit
- Friday, August 6: SmackDown – Amalie Arena in Tampa, Fla.
- Saturday, August 7: Supershow – Hertz Arena in Fort Myers, Fla.
- Monday, August 9: Raw – Amway Center in Orlando, Fla.
- Friday, August 13: SmackDown – BOK Center in Tulsa, Okla.
- Saturday, August 14: Supershow – Spectrum Center in Charlotte, N.C.
- Sunday, August 15: Supershow – Colonial Life Arena in Columbia, S.C.
- Friday, August 20: SmackDown – Footprint Center in Phoenix
- Saturday, August 21: SummerSlam – Allegiant Stadium in Las Vegas
Tickets for all events are currently on sale.
While the first few shows of the post-ThunderDome era have been packing houses in Texas, there are reports of soft ticket sales elsewhere (a Florida house show was already cancelled, and a SmackDown announced for Atlanta is being moved to Knoxville).
A chance to see the 16 time WWE World champ and F9 star should put some butts in seats.
Hyped for the Summer of Cena?