When Bayley suffered an injury that forced her out of her planned “I Quit” match with Bianca Belair for the SmackDown women’s championship at Money in the Bank, WWE decided to shuffle things around. Belair’s next title defense was moved up to Friday Night SmackDown this week against Carmella. That left an opening on the Money in the Bank pay-per-view this Sun., July 18, 2021, in Fort Worth, Texas.
The simple fix was the one the promotion decided on — simply move the Raw tag team title match that had been scheduled for Monday Night Raw last week back a night. AJ Styles & Omos will now put their tag team titles on the line against The Viking Raiders on Peacock instead of USA Network.
It’s at least possible they run it back the next evening, keeping the previous plan. We’ll have to stay tuned for that.
Here’s the updated Money in the Bank match card:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Edge (Universal championship)
- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Kofi Kingston (WWE championship)
- Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair (Raw women’s championship)
- AJ Styles & Omos (c) vs. The Viking Raiders (Raw tag team championship)
- Men’s Money in the Bank ladder match
- Women’s Money in the Bank ladder match