Coming out of SmackDown last Friday (July 9), the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match field for this Sunday’s PPV was set. But there were still two openings for the women’s match.
Fresh off adding Liv Morgan to that match in Fort Worth, and giving Carmella a Women’s title match on this Friday’s show in Houston, untitled-authority-figure Sonya Deville is making another declaration:
With all the changes and challengers for #MITB and #Smackdown, I will be the one to establish some consistency for this Sunday and there is NO ONE more consistent than 1/2 of our @WWE Women’s Tag Team Champions… @natbynature. Nattie, welcome to the MITB Ladder Match!— Daddy Deville (@SonyaDevilleWWE) July 12, 2021
This would presumably come out on tonight’s pre-taped Raw anyway, but now we know.
Here’s an updated look at the line-ups for the marquee matches, and everything announced for Sun., July 18’s Money in the Bank:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Edge for the Universal championship
- Kofi Kingston vs. Bobby Lashley (c) for the WWE title
- John Morrison, Ricochet, Riddle, Drew McIntyre, Big E, Kevin Owens, Shinsuke Nakamura & Seth Rollins in the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match
- Alexa Bliss, Asuka, Naomi, Nikki ASH, Natalya, Liv Morgan, Zelina Vega & TBA in the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match
- Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair for the Raw Women’s championship