Your mileage may vary, of course, but I found this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw to be an absolute slog, a painfully boring endurance run that ended in what I would argue was one of the worst main event segments in the long history of the show.
Having said that, credit where it’s due on what was actually a solid contract signing between Bobby Lashley and Drew McIntyre, who signed on the dotted line for their WWE championship match at Hell in a Cell. I quite liked that they completely avoided having the two get into the usual brawl with furniture thrown about and instead opted to have the two negotiate the terms of their upcoming match.
Both sides have legitimate claims to each of their demands and both sides were incentivized to agree to those demands. It was simple but effective and set up a match with stakes beyond just the title they’re fighting over.
Here’s the full playlist from the show:
- John Morrison joins the Tag Team Battle Royal field
- Over the Top Rope Tag Team Battle Royal
- Charlotte Flair wants Nikki Cross’ victory stricken from the record
- AJ Styles & Omos ruin The Viking Raiders’ celebration
- Jaxson Ryker vs. Elias
- Drew McIntyre will see Bobby Lashley inside Hell in a Cell
- Ricochet vs. Humberto Carrillo
- Jeff Hardy vs. Cedric Alexander
- Eva Marie returns to Monday Night Raw next week
- MVP is disappointed with Kofi Kingston
- Asuka & Nikki Cross vs. Charlotte Flair & Rhea Ripley
- Mansoor vs. Drew Gulak
- Kofi Kingston vs. Riddle
- Shayna Baszler attempts to destroy Lilly on “Alexa’s Playground”
- Asuka & Nikki Cross are extremely fired up
- Elias is furious after his match with Jaxson Ryker
- Jeff Hardy is feeling good after a win over Cedric Alexander
- Viking Raiders were not about to let opportunity pass them by