I continue to be shocked at just how much Riddle is squeezing out of this storyline partnership with Randy Orton. He plays this goofy idiot who has just enough charm to make that idiocy cute instead of annoying, which is part of why Orton reacting to it with fatigue works so well without diminishing the connection between the two. You can absolutely relate, because you totally get why he would feel that way, but you can also totally see why he keeps letting Riddle hang around.
This week saw Riddle showcasing a bit more depth, what with his going to bat for an absent Orton just as hard as he could in an attempt to make up for inadvertently costing him a Money in the Bank spot last week. He fought his ass off, won a battle royal, then almost won a triple threat against AJ Styles and Drew McIntyre with an injured foot before ultimately coming up just short.
I’ll be damned if he isn’t getting this thing over, and making himself one hell of a babyface in the process. Which means it’s going to be one hell of a moment when Orton fully embraces him and one hell of an even bigger moment when he inevitably turns against him later.
Pro wrestling at its finest.
Here are all the highlights from Raw this week:
- Riddle channels Randy Orton to earn a Battle Royal spot
- Over-The-Top-Rope Battle Royal — Winner added to Last Chance Triple Threat Match
- AJ Styles lays out plans for becoming Mr. Money in the Bank
- Nikki Cross gives herself a new moniker
- Nikki Cross vs. Shayna Baszler
- Asuka & Naomi vs. Eva Marie & Doudrop
- Kofi Kingston brings trouble to MVP’s paradise
- Ricochet drenches The Miz & John Morrison with the Drip Stick
- Ricochet vs. John Morrison
- Charlotte Flair & Natalya & Tamina vs. Rhea Ripley & Mandy Rose & Dana Brooke
- Jaxson Ryker vs. Elias — Strap Match
- Drew McIntyre vs. Riddle vs. AJ Styles — Last Chance Triple Threat Match
- Jaxson Ryker officially stands alone
- Nikki Cross revels in her winning streak
- Mansoor confronts Mustafa Ali following battle royal