It’s been months since Edge has been on WWE television, and while Friday Night SmackDown is a good show even without him, he’s a welcome addition to the blue brand once more. He’s also already proven himself to be a legitimately compelling opponent for Roman Reigns, who he got into a brawl with and called out in the main event of this week’s show.
There’s plenty of setup here for this being a one off and leading right on into the rumored Edge vs. Seth Rollins program but I wouldn’t even hate that, considering all involved here. The point is that it’s good to see this guy back and doing his thing, no matter who he’s doing it with.
Here are the highlights from SmackDown this week:
- Relive SmackDown’s first-ever Universal title Hell in a Cell match
- Words lead to bedlam ahead of Mixed tag team showdown
- Bianca Belair & Cesaro vs. Bayley & Seth Rollins — Mixed Tag Team Match
- The coronation of Kingsuke Nakamura
- Big E vs. Apollo Crews — Money in the Bank Qualifier Match
- Liv Morgan takes issue with Carmella being named to Money in the Bank
- Liv Morgan vs. Carmella
- Jimmy Uso vs. Dolph Ziggler
- Edge returns to launch a surprise attack on Roman Reigns
- Nothing is over until Bayley says it’s over
- Liv Morgan knows that hard work makes victory sweeter
- Big E wants to become very knowledgeable about ladders