WWE held five different qualifying matches on Monday Night Raw this week to determine who would get into both the men’s and women’s Money in the Bank ladder matches at the upcoming Money in the Bank pay-per-view on July 18, 2021, in Fort Worth, Texas.
The results of those matches:
- Ricochet def. AJ Styles after The Viking Raiders hit the scene to take Omos out ringside and distracted Styles in the ring. Ricochet capitalized to score the pinfall.
- Naomi & Asuka def. Eva Marie & Doudrop, after Marie tried to bail on the match but Doudrop refused to tag in save her.
- John Morrison def. Randy Orton after Riddle tried to help his tag partner by dealing with The Miz at ringside but ended up distracting him enough to allow Morrison to get the edge and hit Starship Pain for the pinball.
- Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross def. Shayna Baszler & Nia Jax thanks to Bliss using hypnosis to once again mess with Reginald and Jax. Baszler took yet another pin here.
- Riddle def. Drew McIntyre in a surprise. Orton hit the scene to watch and it seemed they may go the same route as the Morrison match but instead Riddle emerged victorious and Orton simply seemed conflicted about it.
There are 8 slots for each match. Assuming each brand gets four participants, that leaves one more from the Raw side in the men’s match.