16 unique performers competed in a match on the main card of WrestleMania Backlash.
With that in mind, let’s take a look at which performers have currently wrestled on the most consecutive pay-per-view (PPV) events at the conclusion of May 2021. The only rules are that the superstar must have wrestled for more than zero seconds on the main card of the PPV (sorry, pre-show fans), and typical 24/7 title shenanigans will be ignored.
Here are the active streaks coming out of this pay-per-view:
- 10 events - Roman Reigns
- 9 events - Drew McIntyre
- 5 events - Bianca Belair
- 3 events - Braun Strowman
- 2 events - Lashley, Cesaro, Priest, Miz, Ripley, Asuka
- 1 event - Flair, Dominik, Rey, Roode, Ziggler, Bayley
And here are the streaks that ended at WrestleMania Backlash:
- 7 events - Sasha Banks
- 6 events - Nia Jax, Shayna Baszler
- 5 events - Randy Orton
- 4 events - Bryan, Sheamus
- 2 events - Big E, Crews, Rollins
- 1 event - Kay, Carmella, Lana, Naomi, Morgan, Riott, Brooke, Rose, Tamina, Natalya, Kingston, Woods, Omos, Styles, Shane, Bunny, Morrison, Wyatt, Owens, Zayn, Riddle, Edge
Roman Reigns has wrestled on every pay-per-view since he won the Universal championship at Payback 2020. He was originally scheduled for a title defense against Rey Mysterio at Hell in a Cell this weekend (June 20), but WWE suddenly moved the match onto tonight’s (June 18) go-home episode of SmackDown. That introduces a good amount of uncertainty surrounding Reigns’ status on this month’s pay-per-view.
Sasha Banks’ streak ended in May. She has essentially disappeared from WWE television since losing the SmackDown women’s title at WrestleMania 37, but is advertised to return in July.
What do you think about this list of active streaks, Cagesiders? Which wrestler is most likely to fall off the list at Hell in a Cell?