Bad Bunny left WWE following WrestleMania 37, so Damian Priest has been stuck dealing with The Miz and John Morrison on his own (and with tomatoes) during the last month.
During tonight’s (May 10) episode of Raw, a singles match was made official between Priest and Miz at WrestleMania Backlash, on May 16. But there was more to come.
Priest wanted a match tonight to determine who gets to pick the stipulation for their Backlash bout. Miz wasn’t interested in the idea, but Morrison interjected and accepted the fight. The match was set - Priest vs. Morrison - with the winner getting to choose the stipulation for Priest’s match with Miz at Backlash. Miz was not happy with Morrison, but Johnny Drip Drip assured his partner that he was a lock to win.
The match went down in the final hour of Raw. Miz tried like hell to distract Priest and the referee. His tactics ultimately backfired, and Priest hit his finisher to pick up the win. Damian Priest now gets to pick the stipulation for Backlash. I was foolish enough to assume WWE wouldn’t announce the stip tonight, but Priest revealed that he wants a Lumberjack match.
Will Priest be awesome enough to take out the former WWE champion at WrestleMania Backlash?
Here’s the updated WrestleMania Backlash card:
- Bobby Lashley (c) vs. Drew McIntyre vs. Braun Strowman for the WWE championship
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cesaro for the Universal championship
- Bayley vs. Bianca Belair for the SmackDown Women’s title
- Charlotte Flair vs. Rhea Ripley (c) vs. Asuka for the Raw women’s championship
- Dirty Dawgs (c) vs. Dominik & Rey Mysterio for the SmackDown Tag Team titles
- Damian Priest vs. The Miz (Lumberjack match)
Get complete Raw results and coverage from this week’s show right here.