Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE’s calendar shows no live events outside of ThunderDome or house show touring dates through July, according to PW Insider. All Raws, SmackDowns and PPVs through July will be in Tampa’s Yuengling Center.
- A list of word WWE told promotional partners not to use ahead of WrestleMania was recently reported on by Fightful Select. Banned words included: Babyface, Belt, Blood, Card, Choke, Curb Stomp, Diva, DQ, Head shot, Heel, House show, Kayfabe, Kill, Mofos, Murder, Needs a push, Spinal injuries, Strangle, Strap, The Anti-Diva, To be over, To job/jobber, Trauma, Victim, Violence/violent, Wifebeater, Wrestling/wrestlers.
- Luke Gallows has spoken to “higher ups” at AEW about bringing in Big Cass, per Fightful Select.
- That site also says pods and dividers have been removed from Capitol Wrestling Center to increase seating at NXT tapings. Masks are still required, and attendees must pass a COVID screening.
- Peacock told PW Insider the WrestleMania 37 streams will have rewind and pause functions, but only on Apple iPhones, iPads, and Apple TVs.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.