The final NXT before next week’s two night TakeOver: Stand & Deliver ended with a Battle Royal that would determine who was in a North American Championship Eliminator Gauntlet match on April 7.
The first elimination happened before the episode was halfway over, when Roderick Strong walked out. Five others happened to determine who would be in the Gauntlet, and the last two of those gave us a new singles match on night one of TakeOver. Pete Dunne proclaimed himself the best technical wrestler in the world a few weeks ago, something Kushida clearly had an issue with. The two focused on each other throughout the Battle Royal, and eliminated each other. Moments later, their match was booked.
.@PeteDunneYxB & @KUSHIDA_0904 are in a different match right now. #BattleRoyal #WWENXT pic.twitter.com/6kLySTQcg7— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) April 1, 2021
The remaining eliminations determined the order of entry in the Eliminator. Feudmates Leon Ruff and Isaiah “Swerve” Scott went first, and will start next Wednesday. Dexter Lumis finally joined in with the two remaining heels to dump Bronson Reed. Cameron Grimes tried to bribe Lumis and LA Knight, and Knight seemed tempted. But Grimes went next, and it looked like the former Eli Drake followed - but he actually went through the middle rope. After pulling the Tortured Artist to the floor, LA went and jawed at North American champ Johnny Gargano, and who was scouting the men who might challenge him on April 8.
"Welcome to my world. Good luck, you're gonna need it." - #WWENXT North American Champion @JohnnyGargano to last place #GauntletEliminator entrant @LAKnightWWE #NXTTakeOver @peacockTV @USA_Network pic.twitter.com/5NDkZlZGUZ— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) April 1, 2021
After the culmination of a night long Io Shira/Raquel González battle, we’re off to TakeOver!
April 7 on USA and Peacock
- Io Shirai (c) vs. Raquel González for the NXT Women’s championship
- Tommaso Ciampa vs. WALTER (c) for the NXT United Kingdom title
- MSK vs. Grizzled Young Veterans vs. Legado Del Fantasma for the vacant NXT Tag Team championship
- North American title #1 contender Gauntlet (order of entry: 1. Leon Ruff, 2. Isaiah “Swerve” Scott, 3. Bronson Reed, 4. Cameron Grimes, 5. Dexter Lumis, 6. LA Knight)
- Pete Dunne vs. Kushida
April 8 on Peacock
- Finn Bálor (c) vs. Karrion Kross for the NXT championship
- Adam Cole vs. Kyle O’Reilly in an Unsanctioned Match
- Santos Escobar vs. Jordan Devlin in a Ladder Match to unify the NXT Cruiserweight title
- Johnny Gargano (c) vs. Gauntlet winner for the NXT North American championship
- Candice LeRae & Indi Hartwell vs. Ember Moon & Shotzi Blackheart (c) for the NXT Women’s Tag Team titles
Catch up on everything that happened on the Mar. 31 NXT in our live blog!