WrestleMania 37 is a two night event coming up on Apr. 10 & 11, and that means it’s time for ranking the greatest or worst things in the history of the event.
To that end, WWE has released the above video which features their list of the top 20 title changes in the history of WrestleMania. Every title is eligible for the list.
Let’s see what they came up with:
20. John Cena win the US title, WrestleMania 20
19. The IIconics win the Women’s tag titles, WrestleMania 35
18. Kane wins the ECW championship, WrestleMania 24
17. Strowman & Some Kid win the Raw tag titles, WrestleMania 34
16. Drew McIntyre wins the WWE championship, WrestleMania 36
15. Edge & Christian win the WWF tag titles, WrestleMania 16
14. Rob Gronkowski wins the 24/7 title, WrestleMania 36
13. Naomi wins the SmackDown women’s title, WrestleMania 33
12. Ultimate Warrior wins the WWF championship, WrestleMania 6
11. Roman Reigns wins the WWE world heavyweight championship, WrestleMania 32
10. Rey Mysterio wins the Intercontinental championship, WrestleMania 25
9. Randy Savage wins the WWF championship, WrestleMania 4
8. Sheamus wins the World heavyweight championship, WrestleMania 28
7. Ricky Steamboat wins the Intercontinental championship, WrestleMania 3
6. Daniel Bryan wins the WWE world heavyweight championship, WrestleMania 30
5. Shawn Michaels wins the WWF championship, WrestleMania 12
4. Becky Lynch wins the Raw and SmackDown women’s championships, WrestleMania 35
3. Steve Austin wins the WWF championship, WrestleMania 14
2. Seth Rollins wins the WWE world heavyweight championship, WrestleMania 31
1. Kofi Kingston wins the WWE championship, WrestleMania 35
Rob Gronkowski and Some Kid made this list over much more significant title changes like Batista defeating Triple H for the World Heavyweight championship at WrestleMania 21, Mickie James beating Trish Stratus for the WWE women’s championship at WrestleMania 22, Bret Hart defeating Yokozuna for the WWF championship at WrestleMania 10, and Brock Lesnar going over Kurt Angle at WrestleMania 19. I’m not even saying these examples all belong on the list, but they would all be more obvious selections, at the very least.
Steve Austin defeating The Rock at WrestleMania 15 and WrestleMania 17 is also missing. I’m not sure what WWE has against that latter card, considering this isn’t the first time they snubbed it on one of these recent lists.
Hulk Hogan pinning Macho Man to win the WWF championship at WrestleMania 5 stands out for its absence. That garbage Hogan pulled at WrestleMania 9 also fell short of the top 20.
It’s good to see Kofi Kingston’s incredible win getting some love in the top spot.
Nothing here is worth getting worked up over. We would all have different lists of the top 20 title changes in WrestleMania history, and this is just one possibility. It looks like they were trying to extend some recognition to several different titles that have existed in WWE history. And I don’t have anything against including a jobber title like the 24/7 championship, it’s just that they chose the wrong example; I’d definitely try to squeeze in Christian’s win of the Hardcore championship over Mighty Molly at WrestleMania 18 onto my list.
Which title changes do you rank among the greatest in the history of WrestleMania?