Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sports reporter Jon Alba confirmed an earlier Ringside News report that WWE will move Raw and SmackDown to the University of South Florida’s Yuengling Center when the Tampa Bay Rays baseball season starts and they’re forced to leave Tropicana Field. It’s not known if they’ll replicate the ThunderDome set-up at the 10K seat venue, or start allowing fans.
- Wrestling Observer reports the NXT COVID outbreak was detected because people were starting to get sick on Friday, so WWE tested immediately rather than wait until the usual Tuesday pre-show test date.
- WWE is planning internally for NXT’s move to Tuesdays. PW Insider says their April production calendar has the post-WrestleMania episode set for Tues., April 13.
- April 7’s Hall of Fame ceremony will air live from ThunderDome, says Insider: “The current plan is to have as many of the inductees as possible be live on stage in Tampa with some of the roster and invited guests present.”
- Andrade was not at Raw yesterday, per PW Insider. He had his release request denied last week.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.