Only three matches were official for the upcoming Fastlane pay-per-view (PPV) coming into this week’s episode of Monday Night Raw, despite the fact that the show is just six days away from taking place this Sun., Mar. 21, 2021, at the ThunderDome inside Tropicana Field in St. Petersburg, Florida.
That changed in a big way by the time Raw went off the air.
Matches added to the show include:
- Drew McIntyre vs. Sheamus, who have wrestled each other multiple times over the past month or so. They’ve each gotten the better of the other, and every match has been a hard-hitting, show-stealing affair. There’s no reason to think this won’t be the same.
- Shane McMahon vs. Braun Strowman, which started because the latter was pissed at the former over being snubbed for Elimination Chamber and a title match but turned into the former just calling Strowman stupid and sliming him live on the USA Network. This could be the first in a series of matches, what with WrestleMania 37 just three weeks after this show.
- Randy Orton vs. Alexa Bliss, I think? This came about when the latter challenged the former to “kick me out of your life” at Fastlane and he gleefully accepted, likely on account of the black shit he’s been spitting up for weeks now. So perhaps it’s not actually a match but rather a segment. Either way, Tom Phillips promised whatever happens will indeed happen at Fastlane.
This is all in addition to these previously announced matches:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Daniel Bryan for the Universal championship
- Big E (c) vs. Apollo Crews for the Intercontinental championship
- Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Sasha Banks & Bianca Belair for the women’s tag team championship