Although Shayna Baszler has been getting a push as an absolute destroyer of late, including taking out both Nia Jax and Eva Marie, and very nearly doing the same to Dana Brooke, it seemed unlikely she would win in the semifinals of the inaugural Queen’s Crown tournament. That’s because Zelina Vega already booked her ticket to the final, and she works heel.
Surely we wouldn’t have a heel vs. heel final, right? Not when Doudrop, who has also been getting something of a push lately, and is a babyface, was there for the booking.
Sure enough, Doudrop, despite being choked out in the Kirifuda Clutch, managed to stay awake long enough to bridge up and therefore be laying on top of Baszler. The referee counted to three and before Shayna could push her off, that was it.
UPSET ALERT?! @DoudropWWE just punched her ticket to the FINALS of the #QueensCrown tournament, defeating @QoSBaszler! #WWERaw pic.twitter.com/07z0y7SU9Q— WWE (@WWE) October 19, 2021
Doudrop will meet Zelina Vega in the final at the Crown Jewel event scheduled for this Thurs., Oct. 21, 2021, in Saudi Arabia.
The updated match card:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (Universal championship)
- Big E (c) vs. Drew McIntyre (WWE championship)
- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair (SmackDown women’s championship)
- RK-Bro (c) vs. AJ Styles & Omos (Raw tag team championship)
- Edge vs. Seth Rollins (Hell in a Cell)
- Goldberg vs. Bobby Lashley (No Holds Barred)
- Finn Balor vs. Xavier Woods (King of the Ring final)
- Zelina Vega vs. Doudrop (Queen’s Crown final)
- Mustafa Ali vs. Mansoor