When WWE revealed the bracket for the 2021 edition of the King of the Ring tournament, it was exciting to see that Xavier Woods was included. After all, he’s only spent countless hours campaigning for the return of the star making tournament so that he may fulfill his dream of winning it himself.
He got past Ricochet in the first round, and then avoided matching up with his teammate in New Day, Kofi Kingston, when he fell to Jinder Mahal. That set up the semifinal on Monday Night Raw this week.
The dream lives!
That’s because Woods managed to use the ropes to break a fall after taking the Khallas. When the two went to the top rope, he knocked Mahal off and hit a flying elbow to score the victory.
Woods will meet Finn Balor in the final at the Crown Jewel event scheduled for this Thurs., Oct. 21, 2021, in Saudi Arabia.
The updated match card:
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Brock Lesnar (Universal championship)
- Big E (c) vs. Drew McIntyre (WWE championship)
- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Sasha Banks vs. Bianca Belair (SmackDown women’s championship)
- RK-Bro (c) vs. AJ Styles & Omos (Raw tag team championship)
- Edge vs. Seth Rollins (Hell in a Cell)
- Goldberg vs. Bobby Lashley (No Holds Barred)
- Finn Balor vs. Xavier Woods (King of the Ring final)
- Zelina Vega vs. TBD (Queen’s Crown final)
- Mustafa Ali vs. Mansoor