WWE and FOX haven’t announced it yet, but the annual Tribute to the Troops special is set to air on Sun., Nov. 14. The show will run at various times that afternoon, depending on your local affiliate’s NFL broadcast schedule.
The show was filmed after SmackDown last night (Oct. 15) in Ontario, California. Unlike last year’s show, there were fans in attendance for Tribute to the Troops 2021. And that means spoilers!
- The blue brand’s usual announce team of Michael Cole & Pat McAfee handled commentary.
- Lillian Garcia was on-hand for the National Anthem, accompanied by members of the U.S. Marine Corp Corps Color Guard.
- Big E def. Dolph Ziggler via pinfall with a Big Ending. Robert Roode attacked after the match and also got E’s finisher.
- Bianca Belair def. Liv Morgan. Belair and Morgan shook hands after the match.
- Roman Reigns def. Shinsuke Nakamura via pinfall. No titles were on the line. Reigns sent The Usos to take out Rick Boogs, Nakamura helped his friend fight off the attack, and Roman took advantage to Superman punch Shinsuke on the outside and roll him in for a Spear. McAfee was very conflicted between his love of Boogs playing “The Rising Sun” and his allegiance to The Bloodline.
Tribute to the Troops is typically a house show with better production values, but this sounds like a fun show regardless. If there are spoilers here for ongoing storylines, it could be that everyone had their current championship status, and Paul Heyman was still rolling with his Tribal Chief.
We’ll keep you posted on whether or not WWE films any additional material, if there are rumors about where this fits into continuity, and when we get the official announcement about it airing.