For reasons that aren’t entirely clear - at least at the moment*, the build to Tyson Fury vs. Drew McIntyre continues. Our latest installment features the English boxing champ calling out the Scottish wrestling one via Twitter video. And for some reason a filtered photo?
Been looking all over Edinburgh for you @DMcIntyreWWE come out and fight the gypsyking #letsgo @wwe @frankwarren_tv @btsportboxing @WWEonFOX @trboxing @mtkglobal @btsportwwe pic.twitter.com/jqPKQF9nzM— TYSON FURY (@Tyson_Fury) September 8, 2020
The WWE titleholder responded with a five point takedown, that really just makes Fury’s whole effort look foolish.
1. I’m from Ayr— Drew McIntyre (@DMcIntyreWWE) September 8, 2020
2. There’s a pandemic. The moment I can come home for my World Title tour we'll talk in person
3. You’re still a big stiff idiot
4. Stop using filters you weirdo
5. Do you want me to start paying rent? It’s unfair I live in your head for free https://t.co/QedFjIK2ua
Methinks Drew might be taking Twitter lessons from a certain Irish lass. Either way, we’re scoring this round for McIntyre.
* Sure, anything with the undisputed heavyweight boxing champ is going to grab some attention WWE wouldn’t have otherwise, but as McIntyre points out, this fight/match won’t happen for a while yet.