WWE opened registrations for virtual seats in Thunderdome, the new interactive fan experience that will be a part of Raw, SmackDown, and PPV events happening at Orlando’s Amway Center over the next two months. Word is that slots for the Fri., Aug. 21 SmackDown filled up in minutes, but it still looks like you can put your name into consideration here. They’re expected to start taking applications for SummerSlam soon, followed by the Mon., Aug. 24 Raw, and so on.
People who were selected for Friday’s show were sent a full list of “terms & conditions” they have to agree to in order to participate. PWInsider posted a copy behind their Elite paywall. Much of it is standard legalese signing over rights to the video & audio of your likeness, and indemnifying WWE or its affiliates against any costs or issues that could possibly arise from your participation.
Participants must be 18 or older. Beyond that, it’s a blend of what an arena security guard and a website moderator would be on the lookout for...
Given the unique opportunity of WWE ThunderDome, every fan is expected to participate and appear on his or her screen throughout the duration of the event. Any extended absence from the screen may result in his or her WWE ThunderDome seat being reassigned to a replacement participant or otherwise discontinued. We reserve the right to not allow you to participate or to immediately terminate your participation at any time in the WWE ThunderDome for no reason or for any reason at our sole discretion including but not limited to if your behavior is inappropriate or violates any of these Terms listed below:
- No one other than you will be permitted to appear or participate in the WWE ThunderDome. No unauthorized people will be allowed on camera.
- We urge you to limit your internet capabilities to solely the device used for participating in the WWE ThunderDome. This means no one in your household should be using your internet connection for other streaming purposes during your participation (e.g. streaming services like Twitch, Netflix, YouTube etc.) We reserve the right to terminate or refuse participation in the WWE ThunderDome if we determine, in our sole discretion, that the video or audio connection to the WWE ThunderDome is unclear or unstable.
- Your behavior while participating in the WWE ThunderDome must be, and must appear to be, appropriate and respectful at all times. Your behavior while participating in the WWE ThunderDome must be, and must appear to be, appropriate for a family-friendly, all-aged television audience at all times.
- You may not smoke or appear to smoke any substance, which includes making any gestures imitating smoking. We reserve the right to terminate or refuse participation in the WWE ThunderDome if you appear to be intoxicated or otherwise under the influence of alcohol, drugs or other substances.
- You may not say or do anything during your participation in the WWE ThunderDome (whether or not you are appearing on the television broadcast at the time) that, in the sole discretion of WWE:
* constitutes a political statement or endorsement;
* is or could reasonably be considered offensive, obscene, discriminatory or distasteful, including, without limitation, making or appearing to make any obscene or lewd gestures, or saying or appearing to say any obscene or lewd words or statements (including, without limitation, cursing);
* is violent in any way;
* disparages or reflects adversely the WWE or any of its athletes, sponsors, or affiliates;
* promotes, infringes or violates the rights of any third-party; or
* promotes the brand of any third-party.
- Your attire must be appropriate and must remain on at all times. We reserve the right to not allow you to participate (or to immediately terminate your participation) if you are not appropriately attired (as determined in our sole discretion). Your attire may not contain any immoral graphics, images or texts, any political statements, slogans, logos, images, texts, or graphics, or any logos, graphics or other commercial identification of third parties (other than the WWE, its athletes and sponsors). Officially licensed WWE clothing is preferred.
- The environment and background you are in during the WWE ThunderDome must also be appropriate. It may not depict logos, graphics, images or other commercial identifications of non-WWE parties (including, without limitation, signs or product placements), any immoral graphics, images or texts, or any political statements, slogans, logos, images, texts, or graphics. We reserve the right to not allow you to participate (or to immediately terminate your participation) in the WWE ThunderDome if your environment or background are deemed to be inappropriate (as determined in our sole discretion) or if you alter the environment or background once you have entered the WWE ThunderDome to one that we deem to be inappropriate (also as determined in our sole discretion).
Presumably there will be a delay to give the company time to dump participants who intentionally or unintentionally break these rules. But WWE wants reactions to what is happening during the live broadcast, so the delay probably won’t be long enough to catch everything.
Should be a wild time!