WWE held a Triple Brand Battle Royal on Friday Night SmackDown this week to determine who would challenge Bayley for the SmackDown women’s championship at SummerSlam on Sun., Aug. 23, 2020, in Orlando.
In a surprise, Asuka showed up as one of the participants. That would be the same Asuka who is booked to take on Sasha Banks for the Raw women’s championship on the same show. Then she made it to the final two, opposite Shayna Baszler. Then she had an epic elimination save, using Banks and Bayley’s prone bodies to avoid touching the floor.
Then she tossed Baszler over the top rope to actually win the match.
She’s double booked for the big show.
The updated SummerSlam line up:
- Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Randy Orton (WWE championship)
- Braun Strowman (c) vs. Bray Wyatt (Universal championship)
- Seth Rollins vs. Dominik Mysterio
- Sasha Banks (c) vs. Asuka (Raw women’s championship)
- Bayley (c) vs. Asuka (SmackDown women’s championship)
- The Street Profits vs. Andrade & Angel Garza (Raw tag team championship)
- Apollo Crews (c) vs. MVP (U.S. championship)