So you can start planning your July 29 channel flipping, here’s what AEW and NXT announced during this week’s shows for next week.
Dynamite is once again loaded
- The war between Chris Jericho and Orange Cassidy gives us a ten man tag pitting the entire Inner Circle (Jericho, Jake Hager, Santana & Ortiz, and the recently returned Sammy Guevara) against Cassidy, Best Friends, Luchasaurus & Jungle Boy
- #1 contenders Dark Order (Evil Uno & Stu Grayson) finally get their shot at Tag champs Hangman Page & Kenny Omega
- Brian Cage & his new buddy Ricky Starks will face World champ Jon Moxley and his friendly rival Darby Allin in a tornado rules match set up by Starks latest attack on Allin.
- Hikaru Shida faces Diamante*
- Cody’s TNT championship open challenge series continues
* This is probably a non-title match, because that’s what tweets from AEW President Tony Khan & the Women’s champ indicate. But a tweet from AEW’s official account says it is for Shida’s belt. We’ll find out eventually. I’d put my money on Hikaru either way.
NXT’s only announced one bout, but it’s a doozy will counter with some big man battles that should continue a pair of pushes.
- Finn Bálor vs. Dexter Lumis vs. Timothy Thatcher in a Triple Threat for a spot in the North American title ladder match at TakeOver: XXX
- Women’s champion Io Shirai warned Dakota Kai she’ll be seeing her next week
Ready for another edition of the best wrestling night of the week?