Shinsuke Nakamura and Cesaro joined forces and almost immediately went after The New Day. A match between the two didn’t see a finish, so they booked another match between the two, with the titles on the line, at the Extreme Rules pay-per-view this Sun, July 19, 2020, in Orlando.
This week’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown saw Big E take on Cesaro in a “winner picks the stipulation” match, with the two choices coming down to a Tables match or a Steel Cage match.
Well, Cesaro won the match. After, he went under the ring and right for a table. They didn’t actually reveal if that will be the stipulation for the match at the time, but we were left to assume as much with the promise of an official announcement later on.
Sure enough, after a commercial break, Cesaro revealed it will be a Tables match.
Here’s the updated Extreme Rules match card:
- Braun Strowman vs. Bray Wyatt (SWAMP FIGHT)
- Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler (WWE championship)
- Seth Rollins vs. Rey Mysterio (EYE FOR AN EYE)
- Bayley (c) vs. Nikki Cross (SmackDown women’s championship)
- Asuka (c) vs. Sasha Banks (Raw women’s championship)
- Apollo Crews (c) vs. MVP (United States championship)
- The New Day (c) vs. Shinsuke Nakamura & Cesaro (SmackDown tag team championship)