The Mon., June 22 episode of Raw already has a Raw Women’s title bout & two Tag Team championship matches lined up, along with the return of a future Hall of Famer in Rey Mysterio.
But WWE’s billing it as “Championship Monday”, so they decided it needed another title match and a two-time Hall of Famer.
Scheduling and announcing 24/7 title matches in advance takes some of the fun out of the concept. But R-Truth vs. ninja gang leader Akira Tozawa sounds like a hoot and a half, so we’ll allow it.
Less excited about bringing 71 year old Ric Flair back to Florida in the midst of a pandemic, but at least the folks in the Performance Center will have been tested this time (his appearance last Monday was taped before word broke about a trainee in the audience testing positive for COVID; the episode which will air next Monday was filmed Wednesday after WWE tested everyone involved in production). The legend will be on hand to crown Randy Orton “the greatest wrestler ever” after beating Edge at Backlash and taking out Christian with a low blow assist from the Dirtiest Player in the Game.
Here’s a full look at Monday’s packed show:
- Charlotte Flair vs. Asuka (c) for the Raw Women’s championship
- Sasha Banks & Bayley vs. IIconics for the WWE Women’s Tag titles
- Viking Raiders vs. Street Profits for the Raw Tag Team championship
- R-Truth vs. Akira Tozawa for the 24/7 title
- Ric Flair crowns Randy Orton as the greatest wrestler ever
- Rey Mysterio returns to confront Seth Rollins