In what’s become a running theme for the SmackDown Tag titles on PPV, WWE’s announced New Day will defend the belts in multi-team action at Money in the Bank.
After The Miz & John Morrison defended against Big E & Kofi Kingston and three other duos in a Chamber match at Elimination Chamber, and Morrison & Kingston repped their squads with Jimmy Uso in a Triple Threat at WrestleMania 36, it will now be a Fatal 4-Way on Sun., May 10.
Miz & Morrison will challenge along with Lucha House Party’s Gran Metalik & Lince Dorado (who were also in the Chamber bout) and Forgotten Sons. Wesley Blake & Steve Cutler of the recently promoted Sons beat The New Day in non-title action last night, with an assist by their teammate Jaxson Ryker.
BREAKING: #TheNewDay @TrueKofi & @WWEBigE will defend their #SmackDown #TagTeamTitles against @mikethemiz & @TheRealMorrison, #TheForgottenSons and #LuchaHouseParty at #MITB! @TheWWEBlake @SteveCutlerWWE @JaxsonRykerWWE @LuchadorLD @WWEGranMetalik pic.twitter.com/gysgGpGNVS— WWE (@WWE) May 2, 2020
This is the sixth match added to the bill for Money in the Bank, with the two ladder matches contested simultaneously:
- Men’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match (Aleister Black, Otis, Rey Mysterio, Daniel Bryan, King Corbin, and the winner of Raw’s Last Chance Gauntlet on May 4)
- Women’s Money in the Bank Ladder Match (Asuka, Dana Brooke, Lacey Evans, Nia Jax, Carmella, and Shayna Baszler)
- Bray Wyatt vs. Braun Strowman (c) for the Universal championshiop
- Drew McIntyre (c) vs. Seth Rollins for the WWE title
- Tamina vs. Bayley (c) for the SmackDown Women’s championship
- The New Day (c) vs. Forgotten Sons vs. Lucha House Party vs. The Miz & John Morrison for the SmackDown Tag Team titles