I don’t know.
No one knows.
WWE taped the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match, which ran simultaneous with the women’s Money in the Bank ladder match, a couple weeks back. They’ve done a fantastic job of containing leaks, so spoilers are not available.
That would have been the only way to know anything about this match, and what it will look like.
It airs tonight (Sun., May 10, 2020) as part of the Money in the Bank pay-per-view, the rest of which will air live from the Performance Center in Orlando, Florida. Because WWE is still running shows without a live audience due to the coronavirus pandemic. That has forced the company to get creative, like with the Boneyard Match at WrestleMania 36. The latest cinematic style match we’ll get is this one, where the wrestlers will start in the lobby at the bottom floor of WWE Headquarters in Stamford, Connecticut, and fight their way to the top of the building, where a ring is set up with the briefcase hanging suspended above it. The winner is whoever pulls the case down.
The only rumor about this match to come out is the Wrestling Observer saying Vince McMahon allegedly showed one of the wrestlers how to take a big bump planned for the match. This comes on the heels of multiple wrestlers talking about going off the roof in pursuit of victory. I suppose, then, we should expect something crazy, with some good editing to go along with it.
Here are the wrestlers in the match:
- AJ Styles, who just returned this past week to win a Last Chance Gauntlet match. He’s a clear favorite to win
- Aleister Black, who has long been protected and seems like he could be in line to be a future world champion. Having said that, can we really expect him to walk around with that ugly green briefcase with his character?
- Rey Mysterio, who is the veteran you can always count on to add some star power to a match
- Daniel Bryan, who has won before and should always be considered a possibility
- Baron Corbin, who seems to always be hanging around and winning things no one wants him to win
- Otis, who is the greatest and best in the world
It hardly matters who wins, it will just be interesting to see how they get there.
But it’s probably going to be AJ Styles.
See you tonight!
Who will win?
This poll is closed