Drew McIntyre is on the doorstep of reaching the peak of the professional wrestling mountain. He will compete against Brock Lesnar tonight for the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania XXXVI.
McIntyre has come a long way since being released from WWE. The path back included a stop in Impact Wrestling from January 2015 to February 2017. Using the surname Galloway, Drew’s accolades with Impact included winning the Grand Championship and winning the Heavyweight Championship.
With McIntyre ready for a potential breakthrough moment at Wrestlemania, Impact put together his 5 greatest moments with their company.
5. Vengeance for The Rising (Eli Drake planted through a table) - Impact Wrestling: Turning Point (Aug. 19, 2015)
4. Capturing Grand Championship (defeats Moose) - Impact Wrestling (Jan. 19, 2017)
3. Punching ticket to BFG main event (defeats Bobby Lashley) - Impact Wrestling (Sep. 23, 2015)
2. Epic debut in the UK - Impact Wrestling (Feb. 20, 2015)
1. Capturing World Championship (defeats Matt Hardy) - Impact Wrestling (Mar. 15, 2016)
After seeing those highlights, it makes me wonder if McIntyre has a couple tricks up his sleeve to dethrone Brock Lesnar. McIntyre may need to use a table, low-blow kick, and a pipe to take down the Beast Incarnate.
How do you rate Impact’s top 5 list for Drew McIntyre’s greatest moments? Which moments are missing?