The New Day and The Hurt Business have been battling over the Raw tag team titles during the last month.
On the Nov. 16 episode of Raw, New Day successfully retained their belts when Xavier Woods pinned Cedric Alexander.
One week later, the Hurt Business blew two chances at New Day’s gold thanks to a botched finish. Shelton Benjamin was the fall guy for the Hurt Business in both instances - first he was counted out, and then he was pinned.
Since then, Cedric Alexander’s ego has been getting out of control after beating both members of New Day in separate singles matches. Given his success, Cedric seems inclined to blame any of the Hurt Business’ shortcomings on his partner.
With all of that context in mind, WWE just announced that Alexander and Benjamin will receive one more shot at the Raw tag team championships. The New Day vs. The Hurt Business has been booked for Dec. 20 at TLC 2020, taking place inside the WWE ThunderDome at Tropicana Field.
This could the night that causes a fracture within the Hurt Business if Cedric blames the loss on his partner. Or perhaps WWE has future plans to put some tag team gold around the waist of Sheamus and Drew McIntyre, in which case it would make sense for the heels to walk away from TLC as champions.
Here’s the advertised card for TLC 2020 so far, which currently includes five title matches:
- Drew McIntyre (c) vs. AJ Styles (WWE championship TLC match)
- Roman Reigns (c) vs. Kevin Owens (Universal championship TLC match)
- Sasha Banks (c) vs. Carmella (SmackDown women’s championship)
- Nia Jax & Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Asuka & Lana (Women’s tag team championship)
- “The Fiend” Bray Wyatt vs. Randy Orton
- The New Day (c) vs. The Hurt Business (Raw tag team championship)