As expected, Rhea Ripley didn’t take kindly to being jumped by Candice LeRae’s WarGames team on NXT this past Wednesday. So she joined up with Shotzi Blackheart and Ember Moon to kick some ass this Sun., Dec. 6 at TakeOver.
We learned as much in the kind-of-cringey-but-who-cares-because-it’s-Shotzi-and-Rhea-with-Black-Sabbath-playing-in-the-background-ROCK-N-ROLL-KICK-ASS-HELL-YEAH!!!
... ahem. Excuse me. It's in that video up there, is what I was trying to say.
All that’s left now is for the current Women’s champ who got beat up by LeRae, Toni Storm, Dakota Kai & Raquel González last week* to join Team Shotzi.
Here’s an updated look at the card for this weekend’s show:
- Undisputed ERA (Adam Cole, Kyle O’Reilly, Roderick Strong & Bobby Fish) vs. Pat McAfee, Pete Dunne, Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch in WarGames; McAfee’s team has the entry advantage
- Candice LeRae, Toni Storm, Dakota Kai & Raquel González vs. Shotzi Blackheart, Ember Moon, Rhea Ripley & TBA; González faces Blackheart in a ladder match for the entry advantage this Wednesday
- Johnny Gargano vs. Leon Ruff (c) vs. Damian Priest for the North American championship
- Dexter Lumis vs. Cameron Grimes in a Strap Match
* I guess the kayfabe explanation is that Candice thought she was “sending a message” to Ember, Rhea & Io Shirai by jumping them. But it was a really, really bad plan.