Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!
Drew McIntyre recently reminded me that I should reflect back on what I’m thankful for today. I’m not interested in being impaled by his massive sword, at least not in the literal sense, so I’m going to follow his lead and write out this here list of pro wrestling related things that I am thankful for right now.
- I am thankful for Drew McIntyre’s giant sword. Have you seen how that thing can cause huge eruptions of flame when he shoves it hard into the ramp?
- I am grateful for the quality of pro wrestling that we receive on Wednesday nights from NXT and AEW Dynamite. We’ve had over a full year of television for both programs each Wednesday night, and it’s provided a much needed positive change to the pro wrestling landscape.
- I am still overjoyed that WWE gave me Bobby Lashley vs. SLAPJACK at Hell in a Cell 2020. I can’t imagine that any future match will ever hold a candle to the majesty of that grand affair.
- I am thankful for the alignment of Paul Heyman and Roman Reigns. Reigns’ heel persona is intriguing. Heyman is the best supporting player in WWE. It’s been fantastic since day one.
- I appreciate the great effort Asuka has displayed while carrying the Raw women’s division during the absence of Becky Lynch.
- I’m overwhelmed that Angel Garza keeps offering me a rose every week on Raw. I don’t know how to deal with it yet.
- I am happy to see how Bray Wyatt and Alexa Bliss work so well together. Their pairing has helped add a fresh coat of paint to the Firefly Fun House, The Fiend, and Bliss.
- I appreciate Zelina Vega sticking up for herself and refusing to give in to WWE’s pure corporate greed and shady labor tactics.
- I am floored just about every time I see Rey Fenix wrestle. That guy is amazing and can move his body in ways that I did not think were humanly possible.
- I haven’t forgotten about how great you are, Kevin Owens. One day you will hopefully be given the big push to the top that your skills absolutely warrant.
- I’m thankful for Steiner Math. I will never not be thankful for Steiner Math.
- I am relieved that the Street Profits haven’t suffered the fate of so many other call-ups from NXT. Montez Ford and Angelo Dawkins have thrived on the WWE main roster, and Ford in particular looks like the kind of star who has an incredibly high ceiling.
- I am grateful for the NXT women’s division. Io Shirai and company are a weekly reminder of how great women’s wrestling can be.
- I am lucky that I get to work alongside my colleagues here on the Cageside Seats staff, who are all terrific people. Even Kyle Decker isn’t half bad, believe it or not.
- Finally, I am thankful for the readers who visit Cageside Seats every day, and the community members who come along for the ride with us on this wacky rollercoaster that is professional wrestling. Every fan has a different perspective to bring to the table, and your voice is important. Thank you for reading our work, laughing along with us at times, rolling your eyes at us at other times, engaging with each other in a respectful manner in the comments sections, and sticking with Cageside Seats through the ups and the downs. We appreciate you.
This list is getting out of hand now, so I’ll stop it there and leave the rest up to you. Please let us know in the comments section what you are thankful for today, Cagesiders.