Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as legitimate news or fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Over the weekend, Paige tweeted that her “glory days are far from over” and that she has “a whole a lot of career left in me”, which prompted speculation she could make a return to the ring. There is no indication WWE would clear her to wrestle, however.
- Matt Hardy’s WWE contract is up on March 1, according to PW Insider. They also reiterated reports the hold-up was over creative, not money.
- Insider also confirmed Jeff Hardy’s deal was extended for injury and legal issues. WWE’s encouraged him to get help to deal with the issues which have led to his recent arrests, and it’s said he’s “been working hard to do so”.
- WWE is “very confident” that The Revival will re-sign, says Dropkick DiSKussions’ Tom Colohue.
- There’s been talk of Bret Hart as a future guest on Steve Austin’s Broken Skull Sessions, per Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.