WWE’s TLC 2019 lasted for 3 hours 11 minutes and 46 seconds (3h 11m 46s). Here is a breakdown of the timing for every single second of the show, in chronological order.
The matches are in bold. The “pre-match” segments include video packages, entrances, ring introductions, and any verbal promos that occur right before a match officially begins. The “post-match” segments include any celebrations, replays, angles, attacks, or promos that occur right after a match is finished.
PPV Timing for TLC 2019
|0m 00s||0m 21s||Then, Now, Forever||0m 21s|
|0m 21s||2m 45s||Firefly Fun House TLC Edition||2m 24s|
|2m 45s||3m 36s||Opening pyro; Welcome to TLC 2019||0m 51s|
|3m 36s||6m 45s||Pre-match: New Day vs. The Revival||3m 09s|
|6m 45s||25m 49s||New Day vs. The Revival||19m 04s|
|25m 49s||27m 37s||Post-match: New Day vs. The Revival||1m 48s|
|27m 37s||28m 45s||Backstage Corbin interview||1m 08s|
|28m 45s||29m 06s||Ad for NXT||0m 21s|
|29m 06s||29m 43s||Ad for WWE SuperCard||0m 37s|
|29m 43s||30m 07s||Filler commentary||0m 24s|
|30m 07s||31m 50s||Recap of pre-show match||1m 43s|
|31m 50s||35m 01s||Pre-match: Black vs. Murphy||3m 11s|
|35m 01s||48m 41s||Black vs. Murphy||13m 40s|
|48m 41s||50m 23s||Post-match: Black vs. Murphy||1m 42s|
|50m 23s||51m 50s||Backstage Rusev interview||1m 27s|
|51m 50s||52m 22s||Ad for Royal Rumble 2020||0m 32s|
|52m 22s||53m 02s||Ad for WWE Shop||0m 40s|
|53m 02s||53m 21s||Filler commentary||0m 19s|
|53m 21s||54m 38s||Raw recap: Rollins aligns with AOP||1m 17s|
|54m 38s||59m 15s||Pre-match: Viking Raiders vs. The OC||4m 37s|
|59m 15s||1h 07m 43s||Viking Raiders vs. The OC||8m 28s|
|1h 07m 43s||1h 09m 52s||Post-match: Viking Raiders vs. The OC||2m 09s|
|1h 09m 52s||1h 11m 39s||Backstage Miz interview||1m 47s|
|1h 11m 39s||1h 12m 03s||Ad for Raw||0m 24s|
|1h 12m 03s||1h 12m 48s||Hype for Broken Skull Sessions||0m 45s|
|1h 12m 48s||1h 13m 04s||Plug for PPV theme song||0m 16s|
|1h 13m 04s||1h 20m 26s||Pre-match: Reigns vs. Corbin||7m 22s|
|1h 20m 26s||1h 42m 38s||Reigns vs. Corbin||22m 12s|
|1h 42m 38s||1h 45m 05s||Post-match: Reigns vs. Corbin||2m 27s|
|1h 45m 05s||1h 45m 26s||Ad for NXT||0m 21s|
|1h 45m 26s||1h 45m 57s||Ad for WrestleMania 36||0m 31s|
|1h 45m 57s||1h 46m 20s||Filler commentary||0m 23s|
|1h 46m 20s||1h 56m 13s||Pre-match: Wyatt vs. Miz||9m 53s|
|1h 56m 13s||2h 02m 48s||Wyatt vs. Miz||6m 35s|
|2h 02m 48s||2h 09m 51s||Post-match: Wyatt vs. Miz||7m 03s|
|2h 09m 51s||2h 10m 28s||Ad for WWE Network gift cards||0m 37s|
|2h 10m 28s||2h 10m 42s||Filler commentary||0m 14s|
|2h 10m 42s||2h 17m 09s||Pre-match: Rusev vs. Lashley||6m 27s|
|2h 17m 09s||2h 30m 35s||Rusev vs. Lashley||13m 26s|
|2h 30m 35s||2h 31m 42s||Post-match: Rusev vs. Lashley||1m 07s|
|2h 31m 42s||2h 32m 58s||Street Profits backstage; Reigns/Corbin brawl||1m 16s|
|2h 32m 58s||2h 33m 38s||Ad for WWE Shop||0m 40s|
|2h 33m 38s||2h 34m 07s||Ad for Raw||0m 29s|
|2h 34m 07s||2h 35m 29s||Hype for Royal Rumble 2020||1m 22s|
|2h 35m 29s||2h 44m 40s||Pre-match: Kabuki Warriors vs. Lynch & Flair||9m 11s|
|2h 44m 40s||3h 10m 38s||Kabuki Warriors vs. Lynch & Flair||25m 58s|
|3h 10m 38s||3h 10m 53s||Post-match: Kabuki Warriors vs. Lynch & Flair||0m 15s|
|3h 10m 53s||3h 11m 46s||Reigns/Corbin brawl||0m 53s|
The seven matches combined for a total time of 1h 49m 23s. This means that 57.0% of the show was devoted to bell-to-bell action. This is the 29th highest percentage in this category out of the 97 WWE pay-per-view (PPV) events in my data set, which begins with Royal Rumble 2013.
Here is the sorted list of match times for TLC 2019. This also includes where each match time ranks out of all 735 matches in my data set.
- 25m 58s: Kabuki Warriors vs. Lynch & Flair (49th longest out of 735 matches)
- 22m 12s: Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin (99th)
- 19m 04s: New Day vs. The Revival (161st)
- 13m 40s: Aleister Black vs. Buddy Murphy (313th)
- 13m 26s: Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley (317th)
- 8m 28s: Viking Raiders vs The O.C. (556th)
- 6m 35s: Bray Wyatt vs. The Miz (634th)
The pre-match segments combined for a total time of 43m 50s, which is 22.9% of the show. This is the 65th highest percentage in this category out of the 97 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of pre-match segment time for all seven matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median pre-match segment time in my data set is 6m 08s and the average time is 6m 27s.
- 9m 53s: Bray Wyatt vs. The Miz
- 9m 11s: Kabuki Warriors vs. Lynch & Flair
- 7m 22s: Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin
- 6m 27s: Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley
- 4m 37s: Viking Raiders vs The O.C.
- 3m 11s: Aleister Black vs. Buddy Murphy
- 3m 09s: New Day vs. The Revival
Four matches received the special treatment of a dedicated video package right before superstar entrances. These four video packages combined to take up 12m 22s of the pre-match segment time. Here is the sorted list of the times for those video packages.
- 3m 44s: Bray Wyatt vs. The Miz
- 3m 06s: Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin
- 2m 47s: Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley
- 2m 45s: Kabuki Warriors vs. Lynch & Flair
The post-match segments combined for a total time of 16m 31s, which is 8.6% of the show. This is the 57th highest percentage in this category out of the 97 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of the post-match segment time for all seven matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median post-match segment time in my data set is 2m 01s and the average time is 2m 29s.
- 7m 03s: Bray Wyatt vs. The Miz
- 2m 27s: Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin
- 2m 09s: Viking Raiders vs The O.C.
- 1m 48s: New Day vs. The Revival
- 1m 42s: Aleister Black vs. Buddy Murphy
- 1m 07s: Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley
- 0m 15s: Kabuki Warriors vs. Lynch & Flair
The pre-match (9m 53s) and post-match (7m 03s) segment times for Bray Wyatt’s match were each individually longer than the actual match time of 6m 35s.
The Kabuki Warriors only had about 15 seconds to celebrate their main event victory before the focus completely shifted to a show-closing brawl between Roman Reigns and Baron Corbin.
That leaves about 11.5% (22m 02s) of the show for everything else. This is the 47th highest percentage in this category out of the 97 events in my data set.
Most of these miscellaneous segments are crammed into the time after one post-match segment ends and before the next pre-match segment begins. TLC 2019 included eight different blocks of miscellaneous segments. Here is how long each block lasted, in chronological order:
- Block 1: 3m 36s (Then, Now, Forever; Firefly Fun House TLC Edition)
- Block 2: 4m 13s (Corbin promo; Ads for NXT & WWE SuperCard; Pre-show recap)
- Block 3: 4m 15s (Rusev promo; Ads for Royal Rumble & WWE Shop; Raw recap)
- Block 4: 3m 12s (Miz promo; Ads for Raw & Austin podcast)
- Block 5: 1m 15s (Ad for NXT; Ad for WrestleMania 36)
- Block 6: 0m 51s (Ad for WWE Network gift cards)
- Block 7: 3m 47s (Street Profits; Backstage brawl; Ads for WWE Shop, Raw, Royal Rumble)
- Block 8: 0m 53s (Reigns/Corbin brawl)
The overall run time for TLC 2019 was 3h 11m 46s, and this ranks 43rd longest out of all 97 events in my data set.
This was the shortest run time for any WWE PPV main card of 2019. Here’s the complete listing of those run times, sorted from longest to shortest:
- 5h 24m 16s: WrestleMania 35
- 4h 53m 16s: Royal Rumble
- 3h 53m 43s: Extreme Rules
- 3h 49m 08s: Super ShowDown
- 3h 41m 25s: Fastlane
- 3h 38m 24s: Money in the Bank
- 3h 35m 53s: Crown Jewel
- 3h 30m 05s: SummerSlam
- 3h 27m 04s: Clash of Champions
- 3h 24m 59s: Survivor Series
- 3h 17m 18s: Hell in a Cell
- 3h 17m 17s: Stomping Grounds
- 3h 16m 24s: Elimination Chamber
- 3h 11m 46s: TLC
Here is a listing of how much total show time was allocated for each match at TLC when you add up all 3 components: pre-match time, match time, and post-match time. This list also includes where each total time ranks among the 735 entries in my data set.
- 35m 24s: Kabuki Warriors vs. Lynch & Flair (92nd longest out of 735 entries)
- 32m 01s: Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin (140th)
- 24m 01s: New Day vs. The Revival (277th)
- 23m 31s: Bray Wyatt vs. The Miz (287th)
- 21m 00s: Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley (346th)
- 18m 33s: Aleister Black vs. Buddy Murphy (431st)
- 15m 14s: Viking Raiders vs The O.C. (550th)
Now here is a look at the “Match Time Percentage” for each match. For any given match, this percentage shows how the match time compares to the combined pre-match and post-match segment time. For some context, it’s good to know that the median result here since 2013 is 61.4%.
(Here’s an example calculation: an entry with a match time of 6m 00s, pre-match time of 3m 00s, and a post-match time of 1m 00s has a score of 60.0%, because the match time of 6m 00s is 60% of the total sum of 10m 00s for all three components.)
- 79.4%: New Day vs. The Revival
- 73.7%: Aleister Black vs. Buddy Murphy
- 73.4%: Kabuki Warriors vs. Lynch & Flair
- 69.3%: Roman Reigns vs. King Corbin
- 64.0%: Rusev vs. Bobby Lashley
- 55.6%: Viking Raiders vs The O.C.
- 28.0%: Bray Wyatt vs. The Miz
Final Results for TLC 2019
Match - 57.0% - 1h 49m 23s
Pre-match - 22.9% - 43m 50s
Post-match - 8.6% - 16m 31s
Miscellaneous - 11.5% - 22m 02s