WWE’s Clash of Champions 2019 lasted for 3 hours 27 minutes and 4 seconds (3h 27m 04s). Here is a breakdown of the timing for every single second of the show, in chronological order.
The matches are in bold. The “pre-match” segments include video packages, entrances, ring introductions, and any verbal promos that occur right before a match officially begins. The “post-match” segments include any celebrations, replays, angles, attacks, or promos that occur right after a match is finished.
PPV Timing for Clash of Champions 2019
|0m 00s||0m 21s||Then, Now, Forever||0m 21s|
|0m 21s||2m 40s||Video hyping Clash of Champions||2m 19s|
|2m 40s||3m 11s||Welcome to Clash of Champions||0m 31s|
|3m 11s||8m 27s||Pre-match: Rollins & Strowman vs. Ziggler & Roode||5m 16s|
|8m 27s||18m 02s||Rollins & Strowman vs. Ziggler & Roode||9m 35s|
|18m 02s||21m 05s||Post-match: Rollins & Strowman vs. Ziggler & Roode||3m 03s|
|21m 05s||21m 39s||Ad for NXT on USA||0m 34s|
|21m 39s||23m 46s||Backstage w/Lynch||2m 07s|
|23m 46s||24m 11s||Filler commentary||0m 25s|
|24m 11s||31m 11s||Pre-match: Bayley vs. Flair||7m 00s|
|31m 11s||34m 56s||Bayley vs. Flair||3m 45s|
|34m 56s||36m 38s||Post-match: Bayley vs. Flair||1m 42s|
|36m 38s||37m 04s||Ad for WWE Shop||0m 26s|
|37m 04s||37m 35s||Ad for Skittles||0m 31s|
|37m 35s||38m 41s||Recap of McMahon firing Owens||1m 06s|
|38m 41s||42m 31s||Pre-match: New Day vs. The Revival||3m 50s|
|42m 31s||52m 33s||New Day vs. The Revival||10m 02s|
|52m 33s||55m 41s||Post-match: New Day vs. The Revival||3m 08s|
|55m 41s||57m 16s||Backstage w/Bliss, Cross, Truth, Carmella||1m 35s|
|57m 16s||57m 52s||Ad for Hell in a Cell 2019||0m 36s|
|57m 52s||1h 01m 32s||Pre-match: Bliss & Cross vs. Fire & Desire||3m 40s|
|1h 01m 32s||1h 09m 38s||Bliss & Cross vs. Fire & Desire||8m 06s|
|1h 09m 38s||1h 11m 04s||Post-match: Bliss & Cross vs. Fire & Desire||1m 26s|
|1h 11m 04s||1h 12m 37s||Connor's Cure||1m 33s|
|1h 12m 37s||1h 14m 43s||Video recap of pre-show matches||2m 06s|
|1h 14m 43s||1h 21m 24s||Pre-match: Nakamura vs. Miz||6m 41s|
|1h 21m 24s||1h 30m 58s||Nakamura vs. Miz||9m 34s|
|1h 30m 58s||1h 32m 09s||Post-match: Nakamura vs. Miz||1m 11s|
|1h 32m 09s||1h 34m 01s||Hype for SmackDown on Fox & WWE Draft||1m 52s|
|1h 34m 01s||1h 40m 39s||Pre-match: Lynch vs. Banks||6m 38s|
|1h 40m 39s||1h 54m 26s||Lynch vs. Banks||13m 47s|
|1h 54m 26s||2h 01m 51s||Post-match: Lynch vs. Banks||7m 25s|
|2h 01m 51s||2h 02m 31s||Ad for Gears 5 w/Batista||0m 40s|
|2h 02m 31s||2h 03m 20s||Hype for NXT on USA||0m 49s|
|2h 03m 20s||2h 12m 58s||Pre-match: Kingston vs. Orton||9m 38s|
|2h 12m 58s||2h 33m 46s||Kingston vs. Orton||20m 48s|
|2h 33m 46s||2h 36m 17s||Post-match: Kingston vs. Orton||2m 31s|
|2h 36m 17s||2h 39m 41s||Backstage w/Street Profits & King Booker||3m 24s|
|2h 39m 41s||2h 40m 04s||Ad for Guns of Glory||0m 23s|
|2h 40m 04s||2h 40m 32s||Plug for PPV theme song||0m 28s|
|2h 40m 32s||2h 47m 48s||Pre-match: Reigns vs. Rowan||7m 16s|
|2h 47m 48s||3h 05m 12s||Reigns vs. Rowan||17m 24s|
|3h 05m 12s||3h 06m 58s||Post-match: Reigns vs. Rowan||1m 46s|
|3h 06m 58s||3h 07m 24s||Ad for WWE Chronicle||0m 26s|
|3h 07m 24s||3h 07m 44s||Ad for WWE Shop||0m 20s|
|3h 07m 44s||3h 13m 03s||Pre-match: Rollins vs. Strowman||5m 19s|
|3h 13m 03s||3h 23m 58s||Rollins vs. Strowman||10m 55s|
|3h 23m 58s||3h 27m 04s||Post-match: Rollins vs. Strowman||3m 06s|
The nine matches combined for a total time of 1h 43m 56s. This means that 50.2% of the show was devoted to bell-to-bell action. This is the 68th highest percentage in this category out of the 93 WWE pay-per-view (PPV) events in my data set, which begins with Royal Rumble 2013.
Here is the sorted list of match times for Clash of Champions 2019. This also includes where each match time ranks out of all 705 matches in my data set.
- 20m 48s: Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton (128th longest out of 705 matches)
- 17m 24s: Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan (183rd)
- 13m 47s: Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks (293rd)
- 10m 55s: Seth Rollins vs. Braun Strowman (409th)
- 10m 02s: New Day vs. The Revival (454th)
- 9m 35s: Rollins & Strowman vs. Ziggler & Roode (479th)
- 9m 34s: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Miz (480th)
- 8m 06s: Bliss & Cross vs. Rose & Deville (550th)
- 3m 45s: Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair (665th)
It’s pretty much expected these days that the Suplex City version of Brock Lesnar doesn’t put on longer matches like he used to in 2012 and 2013. And while Lesnar’s match with Rollins last month in the main event of SummerSlam certainly wasn’t a marathon, it was at least two minutes longer than Rollins’ main event match at Clash of Champions with Braun Strowman.
One obvious explanation for this result could be that Rollins and Strowman were pulling double duty, so it wasn’t reasonable to ask them to go longer in this match. But maybe an 11-minute match between Rollins and Strowman would be for the best regardless of the double-duty factor.
It’s also worth noting that Rollins’ Universal championship defense against Baron Corbin at Super ShowDown also hovered around the 11-minute mark, so Rollins hasn’t had many epic length title defenses in 2019.
The pre-match segments combined for a total time of 55m 18s, which is 26.7% of the show. This is the 28th highest percentage in this category out of the 93 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of pre-match segment time for all nine matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median pre-match segment time in my data set is 6m 07s and the average time is 6m 28s.
- 9m 38s: Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
- 7m 16s: Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan
- 7m 00s: Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair
- 6m 41s: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Miz
- 6m 38s: Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
- 5m 19s: Seth Rollins vs. Braun Strowman
- 5m 16s: Rollins & Strowman vs. Ziggler & Roode
- 3m 50s: New Day vs. The Revival
- 3m 40s: Bliss & Cross vs. Rose & Deville
Four matches received the special treatment of a dedicated video package right before superstar entrances. These four video packages combined to take up 11m 46s of the pre-match segment time. Here is the sorted list of the times for those video packages.
- 3m 16s: Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
- 3m 16s: Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan
- 2m 39s: Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
- 2m 35s: Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair
The post-match segments combined for a total time of 25m 18s, which is 12.2% of the show. This is the 11th highest percentage in this category out of the 93 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of the post-match segment time for all nine matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median post-match segment time in my data set is 2m 00s and the average time is 2m 28s.
- 7m 25s: Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
- 3m 08s: New Day vs. The Revival
- 3m 06s: Seth Rollins vs. Braun Strowman
- 3m 03s: Rollins & Strowman vs. Ziggler & Roode
- 2m 31s: Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
- 1m 46s: Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan
- 1m 42s: Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair
- 1m 26s: Bliss & Cross vs. Rose & Deville
- 1m 11s: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Miz
That leaves about 10.9% (22m 32s) of the show for everything else. This is the 53rd highest percentage in this category out of the 93 events in my data set.
Most of these miscellaneous segments are crammed into the time after one post-match segment ends and before the next pre-match segment begins. Clash of Champions 2019 included nine different blocks of miscellaneous segments. Here is how long each block lasted, in chronological order:
- Block 1: 3m 11s (Then Now Forever; Opening hype video)
- Block 2: 3m 06s (Ad for NXT; Lynch interview)
- Block 3: 2m 03s (Ads for WWE Shop & Skittles; Recap of Owens being fired)
- Block 4: 2m 11s (Bliss & Truth backstage; Ad for Hell in a Cell)
- Block 5: 3m 39s (Connor’s Cure; Recap of pre-show)
- Block 6: 1m 52s (Hype for SmackDown on Fox & WWE Draft)
- Block 7: 1m 29s (Ad for Gears 5 w/Batista; Hype for NXT)
- Block 8: 4m 15s (Street Profits & Booker T; Ad for Guns of Glory)
- Block 9: 0m 46s (Ads for WWE Chronicle & WWE Shop)
The overall run time for Clash of Champions 2019 was 3h 27m 04s, and this ranks 31st longest out of all 93 events in my data set.
Here is a listing of how much total show time was allocated for each match when you add up all 3 components: pre-match time, match time, and post-match time. This list also includes where each total time ranks among the 705 entries in my data set.
- 32m 57s: Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton (123rd longest out of 705 entries)
- 27m 50s: Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks (187th)
- 26m 26s: Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan (214th)
- 19m 20s: Seth Rollins vs. Braun Strowman (389th)
- 17m 54s: Rollins & Strowman vs. Ziggler & Roode (432nd)
- 17m 26s: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Miz (452nd)
- 17m 00s: New Day vs. The Revival (467th)
- 13m 12s: Bliss & Cross vs. Rose & Deville (579th)
- 12m 27s: Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair (599th)
Now here is a look at the “Match Time Percentage” for each match. For any given match, this percentage shows how the match time compares to the combined pre-match and post-match segment time. For some context, it’s good to know that the median result here since 2013 is 61.4%.
(Here’s an example calculation: an entry with a match time of 6m 00s, pre-match time of 3m 00s, and a post-match time of 1m 00s has a score of 60.0%, because the match time of 6m 00s is 60% of the total sum of 10m 00s for all three components.)
- 65.8%: Roman Reigns vs. Erick Rowan
- 63.1%: Kofi Kingston vs. Randy Orton
- 61.4%: Bliss & Cross vs. Rose & Deville
- 59.0%: New Day vs. The Revival
- 56.5%: Seth Rollins vs. Braun Strowman
- 54.9%: Shinsuke Nakamura vs. The Miz
- 53.5%: Rollins & Strowman vs. Ziggler & Roode
- 49.5%: Becky Lynch vs. Sasha Banks
- 30.1%: Bayley vs. Charlotte Flair
Final Results for Clash of Champions 2019
Match - 50.2% - 1h 43m 56s
Pre-match - 26.7% - 55m 18s
Post-match - 12.2% - 25m 18s
Miscellaneous - 10.9% - 22m 32s