Another NXT: TakeOver week means another Triple H conference call with the media.
Today (Aug. 8) The Game spoke with members of the press for nearly an hour in which he covered a wide range of topics. WWE’s succession plan for whenever Vince McMahon’s retires, a Four Horsewomen versus Four Horsewomen dream match still being on the table, NXT on FS1, and more questions were openly answered by Triple H.
Triple H on 4 Horsewomen dream match: "I don't think it's outside of being a reality. Everybody is sorta doing their own thing right now but at anytime that group can come together. "Notes Ronda on personal break but not done w/ #WWE. Says when time is right he'd love to see it.— Justin LaBar (@JustinLaBar) August 8, 2019
Maybe another sign Ronda Rousey is not done with pro wrestling just yet.
To possible NXT TV changes with regard to Fox, HHH says there's an ongoing discussion on where content goes at all times. Has heard all the discussion around NXT on FS1 counterprogramming AEW (not mentioned by name), but says that's been their home forever. ^JN— Wrestling Observer (@WONF4W) August 8, 2019
Triple H added he found it funny that when other promotions put their shows on Wednesday it’s not viewed as counter programming for the WWE.
HHH says they are in the process of finalizing some things and hope to announce something on the Mae Young Classic soon. Bandwidth is tight with upcoming SD shift to Fox and other events, so things got moved around. ^JN— Wrestling Observer (@WONF4W) August 8, 2019
The third edition of the Mae Young Classic is coming, but WWE isn’t sure when, in part because of their new schedule with SmackDown moving to Friday nights.
Triple H asked if he is truly heir apparent to RAW & SD creative like we assume: Says you have to have succession plans but those can always change due to company growth & who can take what. He jokes Vince will outlive all of us & notes Vince's mom in her 90s still going strong.— Justin LaBar (@JustinLaBar) August 8, 2019
Everyone is just flat out admitting that Vince McMahon will outlive them and never retire from WWE creative.
Other notes from Triple H’s conference call:
- Triple H heavily promoted NXT UK TakeOver: Cardiff to the media. Which just so happens to fall on the same day as ALL OUT.
- Triple H says The Rock has made a few recent trips to the Performance Center to watch his daughter, Simone Johnson, train. Triple H noted when older wrestlers see the PC and the next generation training, it’s for hard them not to want to get back for one more go at it.
- Drew McIntyre and Cesaro were among the names of main roster stars who wanted to come over and work with NXT UK talent.
- Triple H says he was not considered for the executive roles Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff have on Raw and SmackDown. He cited his schedule as not allowing him to be at live TV every week.
- EVOLVE and Progress have good alliances with WWE, and may play a role in future WWE Network changes.
Thoughts on Triple H’s latest news dump?