We knew this was coming but WWE made it official today.
The Miz has been talking about restoring prestige to the Intercontinental championship, and that means taking it from the current titleholder, Shinsuke Nakamura. He’ll get the chance to do that when the two square off at the upcoming Clash of Champions pay-per-view scheduled for Sun., Sept. 15, 2019, in Charlotte, North Carolina.
This is a hard right turn from where we were headed just a few weeks ago. It appeared as though Ali would be taking on Nakamura, but he was moved to the King of the Ring tournament and Sami Zayn was paired with Shinsuke. For his part, Ali reacted to this news as such:
August 31, 2019
Seems about right.
The updated Clash of Champions line-up:
- Seth Rollins (c) vs. Braun Strowman (Universal championship)
- Seth Rollins & Braun Strowman (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler & Robert Roode (Raw tag team championship)
- Bayley (c) vs. Charlotte Flair (SmackDown women’s championship)
- Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Randy Ortion (WWE championship)
- The New Day (c) vs. The Revival (SmackDown tag team championship)
- King of the Ring Final
- Drew Gulak (c) vs. Humberto Carrillo (Cruiserweight championship)