New day, same challengers.
WWE announced today that The New Day, Xavier Woods & Big E, will get yet another shot at the SmackDown tag team titles when they take on Daniel Bryan & Rowan at the upcoming Extreme Rules pay-per-view scheduled for Sun., July 14, 2019, in Philadelphia.
This comes about because, well, New Day pinned them in a non-title match. In WWE, that’s how you earn a shot at a title.
This seems to put Heavy Machinery on the backburner once again.
Here’s the updated Extreme Rules match card:
- Undertaker & Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre
- Seth Rollins & Becky Lynch vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans (Universal, Raw women’s championship Extreme Rules match)
- Kofi Kingston vs. Samoa Joe (WWE championship)
- Bayley vs. Alexa Bliss (SmackDown women’s championship)
- Daniel Bryan & Rowan vs. The New Day (SmackDown tag team championship)
- Drew Gulak vs. Tony Nese (Cruiserweight championship)