The next pay-per-view (PPV) on the WWE schedule is the Extreme Rules event set to take place on Sun., July 14, 2019, at the Wells Fargo Center in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. This is supposed to be the all-gimmick show on the calendar but they’ve more or less dropped that.
We’re just a couple weeks from showtime and the card looks like this:
- Undertaker & Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon & Drew McIntyre
Reigns has been feuding with the McMahon family for a while now. For whatever reason, Undertaker returned to assist him in that feud this past week. Now we get a tag match.
- Seth Rollins (c) & Becky Lynch (c) vs. Baron Corbin & Lacey Evans (Universal & Raw women’s championship)
The stipulation here is that both titles are on the line but if the heels lose, they can never challenge Rollins and Lynch again. They’ll finally be done for good. Or for now, at least. You know how it is in WWE.
- Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Samoa Joe (WWE championship)
Joe attacked Kingston once and a match was booked very shortly after. It’s that simple.
- Bayley (c) vs. Alexa Bliss (SmackDown women’s championship)
Nikki Cross won a match against Bayley to earn Bliss this shot.
- Drew Gulak (c) vs. Tony Nese (Cruiserweight championship)
Gulak won the title at Stomping Grounds. Nese beat Akira Tozawa to earn a rematch.
That’s the card so far.
Daniel Bryan & Rowan defending the SmackDown tag titles in a multi-team match, The Revival vs. The Usos for the Raw tag team championship, AJ Styles vs. Ricochet for the U.S. title, Finn Balor vs. Shinsuke Nakamura for the Intercontinental championship, and The IIconics vs. The Kabuki Warriors have all been rumored.