WWE’s Super ShowDown lasted for 3 hours 49 minutes and 8 seconds (3h 49m 08s). Here is a breakdown of the timing for every single second of the show, in chronological order.
The matches are in bold. The “pre-match” segments include video packages, entrances, ring introductions, and any verbal promos that occur right before a match officially begins. The “post-match” segments include any celebrations, replays, angles, attacks, or promos that occur right after a match is finished.
PPV Timing for Super ShowDown
|0m 00s||0m 22s||Then, Now, Forever||0m 22s|
|0m 22s||3m 17s||Opening hype video||2m 55s|
|3m 17s||4m 23s||Welcome to Super ShowDown||1m 06s|
|4m 23s||10m 19s||Pre-match: Rollins vs. Corbin||5m 56s|
|10m 19s||21m 32s||Rollins vs. Corbin||11m 13s|
|21m 32s||26m 40s||Post-match: Rollins vs. Corbin||5m 08s|
|26m 40s||27m 01s||Ad for WWE Shop||0m 21s|
|27m 01s||27m 37s||Ad for Stomping Grounds||0m 36s|
|27m 37s||27m 59s||Filler commentary||0m 22s|
|27m 59s||29m 41s||Post-match: Rollins vs. Corbin||1m 42s|
|29m 41s||35m 22s||Pre-match: Balor vs. Andrade||5m 41s|
|35m 22s||46m 48s||Balor vs. Andrade||11m 26s|
|46m 48s||48m 11s||Post-match: Balor vs. Andrade||1m 23s|
|48m 11s||50m 14s||Battle Royal promos||2m 03s|
|50m 14s||50m 31s||Plug for PPV theme song||0m 17s|
|50m 31s||1h 00m 34s||Pre-match: Reigns vs. Shane||10m 03s|
|1h 00m 34s||1h 09m 48s||Reigns vs. Shane||9m 14s|
|1h 09m 48s||1h 12m 06s||Post-match: Reigns vs. Shane||2m 18s|
|1h 12m 06s||1h 12m 53s||Filler commentary||0m 47s|
|1h 12m 53s||1h 15m 19s||Kingston & Woods interview||2m 26s|
|1h 15m 19s||1h 18m 22s||Pre-match: Lucha House Party vs. Lars||3m 03s|
|1h 18m 22s||1h 23m 35s||Lucha House Party vs. Lars||5m 13s|
|1h 23m 35s||1h 26m 31s||Post-match: Lucha House Party vs. Lars||2m 56s|
|1h 26m 31s||1h 27m 15s||Ad for Creation and Destruction||0m 44s|
|1h 27m 15s||1h 27m 32s||Filler commentary||0m 17s|
|1h 27m 32s||1h 38m 23s||Pre-match: Triple H vs. Orton||10m 51s|
|1h 38m 23s||2h 04m 02s||Triple H vs. Orton||25m 39s|
|2h 04m 02s||2h 06m 34s||Post-match: Triple H vs. Orton||2m 32s|
|2h 06m 34s||2h 09m 40s||Recap of 24/7 title story||3m 06s|
|2h 09m 40s||2h 10m 26s||Corbin interview||0m 46s|
|2h 10m 26s||2h 14m 56s||Pre-match: Strowman vs. Lashley||4m 30s|
|2h 14m 56s||2h 23m 18s||Strowman vs. Lashley||8m 22s|
|2h 23m 18s||2h 24m 33s||Post-match: Strowman vs. Lashley||1m 15s|
|2h 24m 33s||2h 26m 18s||Battle Royal promos||1m 45s|
|2h 26m 18s||2h 33m 36s||Pre-match: Kingston vs. Ziggler||7m 18s|
|2h 33m 36s||2h 43m 48s||Kingston vs. Ziggler||10m 12s|
|2h 43m 48s||2h 47m 51s||Post-match: Kingston vs. Ziggler||4m 03s|
|2h 47m 51s||2h 48m 43s||Hype for WWE 24||0m 52s|
|2h 48m 43s||2h 50m 45s||Recap of Universal title story||2m 02s|
|2h 50m 45s||2h 52m 20s||Fans in Jeddah are excited||1m 35s|
|2h 52m 20s||2h 57m 34s||Pre-match: 51-Man Battle Royal||5m 14s|
|2h 57m 34s||3h 15m 26s||51-Man Battle Royal||17m 52s|
|3h 15m 26s||3h 20m 32s||Post-match: 51-Man Battle Royal||5m 06s|
|3h 20m 32s||3h 20m 53s||Ad for WWE Shop||0m 21s|
|3h 20m 53s||3h 22m 56s||Hype for Stomping Grounds||2m 03s|
|3h 22m 56s||3h 37m 44s||Pre-match: Undertaker vs. Goldberg||14m 48s|
|3h 37m 44s||3h 46m 16s||Undertaker vs. Goldberg||8m 32s|
|3h 46m 16s||3h 49m 08s||Post-match: Undertaker vs. Goldberg||2m 52s|
The nine matches combined for a total time of 1h 47m 43s. This means that 47.0% of the show was devoted to bell-to-bell action. This is the 84th highest percentage in this category out of the 89 WWE pay-per-view (PPV) events in my data set, which begins with Royal Rumble 2013.
Here is the sorted list of match times for Super ShowDown. This also includes where each match time ranks out of all 668 matches in my data set.
- 25m 39s: Triple H vs. Randy Orton (47th longest out of 668 matches)
- 17m 52s: 51-man Battle Royal (173rd)
- 11m 26s: Finn Balor vs. Andrade (360th)
- 11m 13s: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin (373rd)
- 10m 12s: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler (421st)
- 9m 14s: Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon (468th)
- 8m 32s: Undertaker vs. Goldberg (501st)
- 8m 22s: Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley (504th)
- 5m 13s: Lucha House Party vs. Lars Sullivan (616th)
Goldberg has now wrestled in five matches since returning to WWE in 2016. Here is how long he wrestled on each card:
- 8m 32s: Goldberg vs. Undertaker (Super ShowDown)
- 4m 46s: Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar (WrestleMania 33)
- 3m 23s: Royal Rumble survival time (Royal Rumble 2017)
- 1m 27s: Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar (Survivor Series 2016)
- 0m 23s: Goldberg vs. Kevin Owens (Fastlane 2017)
Goldberg’s last fight prior to this recent run occurred in 2004, and it was the infamous WrestleMania 20 match against Brock Lesnar. That match lasted nearly 14 minutes. At this stage in both Goldberg and Undertaker’s career, it wasn’t a great idea to book their match at Super ShowDown to go longer than five minutes.
The survival times for the 51-Man Battle Royal can be found here.
The pre-match segments combined for a total time of 1h 07m 24s, which is 29.4% of the show. This is the 10th highest percentage in this category out of the 89 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of pre-match segment time for all nine matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median pre-match segment time in my data set is 6m 07s and the average time is 6m 29s.
- 14m 48s: Undertaker vs. Goldberg
- 10m 51s: Triple H vs. Randy Orton
- 10m 03s: Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon
- 7m 18s: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
- 5m 56s: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin
- 5m 41s: Finn Balor vs. Andrade
- 5m 14s: 51-man Battle Royal
- 4m 30s: Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley
- 3m 03s: Lucha House Party vs. Lars Sullivan
As you can see from the above list, the entrances for Goldberg’s match with Undertaker were ridiculously long. Their pre-match segment lasted longer than the bell-to-bell match time for seven out of the nine total matches.
Four matches received the special treatment of a dedicated video package right before superstar entrances. These four video packages combined to take up 11m 35s of the pre-match segment time. Here is the sorted list of the times for those video packages.
- 3m 01s: Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon
- 2m 55s: Triple H vs. Randy Orton
- 2m 55s: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
- 2m 44s: Undertaker vs. Goldberg
The post-match segments combined for a total time of 29m 15s, which is 12.8% of the show. This is the 6th highest percentage in this category out of the 89 events in my data set.
Here is the sorted list of the post-match segment time for all nine matches. For some context, keep in mind that the median post-match segment time in my data set is 2m 00s and the average time is 2m 29s.
- 6m 50s: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin
- 5m 06s: 51-man Battle Royal
- 4m 03s: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
- 2m 56s: Lucha House Party vs. Lars Sullivan
- 2m 52s: Undertaker vs. Goldberg
- 2m 32s: Triple H vs. Randy Orton
- 2m 18s: Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon
- 1m 23s: Finn Balor vs. Andrade
- 1m 15s: Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley
The post-match segment for Corbin’s match had two separate parts, with the latter part dedicated to just watching Brock Lesnar slowly walk back up the entrance ramp. I added the two parts together to get the number listed above.
That leaves about 10.8% (24m 46s) of the show for everything else. This is the 52nd highest percentage in this category out of the 89 events in my data set.
Most of these miscellaneous segments are crammed into the time after one post-match segment ends and before the next pre-match segment begins. Super ShowDown included nine different blocks of miscellaneous segments. Here is how long each block lasted, in chronological order:
- Block 1: 4m 23s (Then Now Forever; Opening hype video)
- Block 2: 1m 19s (Ad for WWE Shop; Ad for Stomping Grounds)
- Block 3: 2m 20s (Battle Royal promos)
- Block 4: 3m 13s (Kingston and Woods interview)
- Block 5: 1m 01s (Ad for Creation and Destruction)
- Block 6: 3m 52s (24/7 title recap; Corbin interview)
- Block 7: 1m 45s (Battle Royal promos)
- Block 8: 4m 29s (Hype for WWE 24; Universal title story; Jeddah fans)
- Block 9: 2m 24s (Ad for WWE Shop; Hype for Stomping Grounds)
The overall run time for Super ShowDown was 3h 49m 08s, and this ranks 17th longest out of all 89 events in my data set.
Here is a listing of how much total show time was allocated for each match when you add up all 3 components: pre-match time, match time, and post-match time. This list also includes where each total time ranks among the 668 entries in my data set.
- 39m 02s: Triple H vs. Randy Orton (51st longest out of 668 entries)
- 28m 12s: 51-man Battle Royal (177th)
- 26m 12s: Undertaker vs. Goldberg (209th)
- 23m 59s: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin (256th)
- 21m 35s: Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon (306th)
- 21m 33s: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler (307th)
- 18m 30s: Finn Balor vs. Andrade (391st)
- 14m 07s: Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley (526th)
- 11m 12s: Lucha House Party vs. Lars Sullivan (598th)
Now here is a look at the “Match Time Percentage” for each match. For any given match, this percentage shows how the match time compares to the combined pre-match and post-match segment time. For some context, it’s good to know that the median result here since 2013 is 61.6%.
(Here’s an example calculation: an entry with a match time of 6m 00s, pre-match time of 3m 00s, and a post-match time of 1m 00s has a score of 60.0%, because the match time of 6m 00s is 60% of the total sum of 10m 00s for all three components.)
- 65.7%: Triple H vs. Randy Orton
- 63.4%: 51-man Battle Royal
- 61.8%: Finn Balor vs. Andrade
- 59.3%: Braun Strowman vs. Bobby Lashley
- 47.3%: Kofi Kingston vs. Dolph Ziggler
- 46.8%: Seth Rollins vs. Baron Corbin
- 46.6%: Lucha House Party vs. Lars Sullivan
- 42.8%: Roman Reigns vs. Shane McMahon
- 32.6%: Undertaker vs. Goldberg
Final Results for Super ShowDown
Match - 47.0% - 1h 47m 43s
Pre-match - 29.4% - 1h 07m 24s
Post-match - 12.8% - 29m 15s
Miscellaneous - 10.8% - 24m 46s