WWE 205 Live returns to WWE Network tonight (June 11, 2019), live on Tuesday nights, with a show from Golden 1 Center in Sacramento, California.
Advertised for tonight: General Manager Drake Maverick’s been getting some flak for focusing on R-Truth and the 24/7 title instead of the cruiserweights, so he’s promising to determine Tony Nese’s next challenger AND bring a “special surprise” to the show.
Come right back here at 10 p.m. ET. We’ll update all the results from 205 Live live as it airs on WWE Network below the line.
Enjoy the show!
- Drake Maverick’s show opening promo is about how people have been accusing him of slacking on general manager duties while he chases R-Truth for the 24/7 Championship, so he has a solution to make a fair contender for the title. Akira Tozawa vs. Oney Lorcan vs. Humberto Carrillo vs. Drew Gulak in a number one contender’s match for Stomping Grounds.
- Chad Gable over Jack Gallagher by count-out after a German suplex on the floor.
- Mike and Maria Kanellis are backstage berating Drake Maverick for leaving him out of the #1 contender’s match tonight and refusing to have him wrestle Chad Gable. Drake finally has had enough and blows up on him, asking what he’s done to deserve anything besides complain and complain? Maria tells him to stop worrying about their status and start worrying about his own.
- We get a video where Noam Dar says he’s taking a couple of weeks off and if the working environment doesn’t improve, he’s going to request a full-time transfer to NXT UK.
- Singh Brothers (Samir & Sunil Singh) over some luchadors by pinfall with a Demolition Decapitation they call Bollywood Blast.
- Tony Nese is interviewed backstage and congratulates Drake on finally making a decision before talking about how he’d find all of his potential opponents interesting and worth opponents.
- Akira Tozawa vs. Drew Gulak vs. Humberto Carrillo vs. Oney Lorcan ends in a double pin after Gulak hits a superplex on Tozawa and both men’s shoulders are down in a small package. (WWE Cruiserweight Championship #1 Contender’s Match) At one point late in the match, Ariya Daivari interfered an attacked Lorcan with a steel chair.
- Drake Maverick comes down to sort it out as we get several replays of the pin from different angles and it becomes clear that both men’s shoulders really were down.
- The show goes off the air with no clear #1 contender.