If TakeOver: XXV sticks to NXT’s usual five match formula for their live WWE Network specials, the card for the Sat., June 1 show in Bridgeport, Connecticut is full. General Manager William Regal added three bouts on the episode of the black-and-gold that aired on May 22 to the two he booked last Wednesday. Unless you’re even worse at math than Adam Cole, you don’t have to ask Big E what that gives you.
Two of the new matches involve Cole’s Undisputed ERA teammates.
After Viking Raiders left their NXT Tag titles in the ring last week, Mr. Regal decided the four teams Erick & Ivar brawled with in their last appearance should all get a shot at being the next champs. So Street Profits, Forgotten Sons, Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch, and Kyle O’Reilly & Bobby Fish will compete in a ladder match with the belts hung above the ring in Webster Bank Arena.
Issues between Matt Riddle and Undisputed have been simmering for weeks. And seeing as Roderick Strong earned his way back into Adam Cole’s good graces by attacking The King of Bros in the parking lot last Wednesday, the only member of the ERA not in a title match will face off with Riddle in Bridgeport.
And Regal decided to quickly capitalize on the heat between North American champ Velveteen Dream and Tyler Breeze by making that title match for June 1.
Here’s an updated look at the TakeOver: XXV card:
- Adam Cole vs. Johnny Gargano (c) for the NXT championship
- Shayna Baszler (c) vs. Io Shirai for the NXT Women’s title
- Street Profits (Montez Ford & Angelo Dawkins) vs. Forgotten Sons (Wesley Blake & Steve Cutler) vs. Oney Lorcan & Danny Buch vs. Undisputed ERA (Bobby Fish & Kyle O’Reilly) in a ladder match for the NXT Tag Team championship
- Tyler Breeze vs. Velveteen Dream (c) for the North American title
- Matt Riddle vs. Roderick Strong
Not bad for short notice, eh?