Nothing but positive thoughts and prayers to pro wrestling legend Ric Flair.
Early Thursday morning the 70-year-old Flair was reportedly rushed to a local Atlanta hospital for what is being called a medical emergency.
TMZ Sports with the first report on Flair’s health.
“Ric Flair was rushed to a hospital Thursday morning after suffering a medical emergency, TMZ Sports has learned.
We’re told Flair was in the Atlanta area when something went wrong. The 70-year-old WWE legend was initially taken to the emergency room to be treated.
The specifics are unclear at this point -- but we’re told the situation is “very serious.”
We reached out to Ric’s camp for comment -- so far, no word back.”
Following up on TMZ’s initial report, Fightful writer Sean Ross Sapp was on a media call with Conrad Thompson, Flair’s son-in-law, and was told that The Nature Boy’s procedure was planned prior to Thursday.
He stated that Flair and the family knew the procedure was coming and he could have had it before or after Vegas, and wanted to feel good for Starrcast— Sean Ross Sapp of Fightful.com (@SeanRossSapp) May 16, 2019
Back in August of 2017, Flair was placed in a medically induced coma following surgery for a ruptured intestine. After being in a coma for 11 days, the 16-time world champion pulled through and was back to a near relatively clean bill of health a few months later.
Get well soon Nature Boy.
Cageside Seats will continue to update and monitor the situation as more information becomes available.