At least United States champion Rusev and Shinsuke Nakamura, the man he beat for the title on Rusev/Christmas Day, weren’t advertised for SmackDown Live last night (Jan. 15). So that’s one advantage they have over Carmella & Sonya Deville.
But the ladies were at least already booked for the Women’s Royal Rumble at the pay-per-view (PPV) which gives that bout its name.
Now, Rusev and Nakamura also have a match for Sun., Jan. 27 at Phoenix’s Chase Field. I’d give it a decent shot of being on the Kickoff and not the main card, but...
The build to this rematch (hey! I thought we did away with those?) has consisted of outside-the-ring attacks, including one which “injured” Lana (what’s up with her and the expanding Day family, anyway?). Their U.S. title bout will join this card:
- Finn Bálor vs. Brock Lesnar (c) for the Universal championship
- Daniel Bryan (c) vs. AJ Styles for the WWE title
- Ronda Rousey (c) vs. Sasha Banks for the Raw Women’s championship
- Becky Lynch vs. Asuka (c) for the SmackDown Women’s title
- The Bar (c) vs. The Miz & Shane McMahon for the SmackDown Tag Team championship
- Buddy Murphy (c) vs. Akira Tozawa vs. Kalisto vs. Hideo Itami in a Fatal 4Way for the Cruiserweight title
- Men’s Royal Rumble match
- Women’s Royal Rumble match
Like the line-up for the 2019 Royal Rumble?