In 2017, WWE generated a lot of buzz for a house show by giving it the name Starrcade, bringing back some legendary figures associated with that Jim Crockett Promotions/WCW brand, and booking a bunch of fun matches & spots.
They’ll be looking to repeat that formula in 2018. The show will move from Greensboro, North Carolina to Cincinnati, but remain a dual-branded affair which occurs around the Thanksgiving holiday in the U.S. There’s no news on whether or not it will remain a non-televised live event, but there’s no indication from the announcements in southwest Ohio media that it will be available on WWE Network or elsewhere.
Several matches and segments were included in those announcements. Hopefully, “card subject to change” will be in full effect here, though, or else we’re looking at two more months of the same feuds we’re currently getting. But with some extreme stips! And we don’t want the card to change too much, because that United States title match sounds like a hoot and a half!
“Matches will include:
- The Shield vs. Braun Strowman, Dolph Ziggler and Drew McIntyre (Cincy Street Fight)
- AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe (Steel Cage Match for the WWE Championship)
- Charlotte Flair vs. Becky Lynch (Steel Cage Match for Smackdown Women’s Championship)
- Shinsuke Nakamura vs. Rusev with Lana (For United States Championship)
- The New Day vs. The Bar (For Smackdown Tag Team Championship)
There will also be other wrestlers and a concert featuring Elias with Nature Boy Rick [sic] Flair.”
Starrcade is set for Sat., Nov. 24 - the week after Survivor Series - in Cincinnati’s U.S. Bank Arena. Tickets go on sale this Friday (Sept. 21).